Your ChronoTrack Pro2 Controller comes with a pre-assigned IP address. It's important to compare this IP address with the IP addresses of your other Pro/Pro2 controllers. Controllers with the same IP address networked together will cause IP address conflicts which can have unintended consequences. Controller IP addresses can be found on the following screens:
- Pro (BoxScore 1.26) – Configure > Network > Configure Adapters
- Pro (BoxScore 3.1.6) – Configure > Network > Adapters > LAN
- Pro2 (ChronOS) – Settings > Network Adapters > LAN
It's important to check other controllers you own to ensure that none of your Pro or Pro2 controllers share the same IP address. If any of your Controllers share the same IP address, you will need to change the LAN and WiFi IP address of your new controllers. We also recommend labeling the controllers with their IP addresses for easy reference.
Changing the LAN and WiFi IP
- From any screen press Settings, then press Network Adapters.
- Tap LAN to highlight it, then press EDIT
- Tap the IP ADDRESS field to edit it
- Use the on-screen keypad to enter the new IP. The IP address should be 5 higher than your next-highest Pro class controller’s IP
Example: Your Pro with serial 2234 has IP address 172.20.23.175 which is the highest IP address of all your controllers. This means that you should set your Pro2’s IP address to 172.20.23.180
NEVER SET A PRO/PRO2’S IP TO ANYTHING OTHER THAN 172.20.23.X WHERE THE X IS A MULTIPLE OF 5 BETWEEN 100-250
- When you’re done entering the IP address, press SAVE
- Now press UPDATE. A message will be displayed while the controller configures the Readers.
- Now, you’ll need to change the WiFi IP address
- Tap WIFI on the Adapters screen, then press EDIT.
- On the following screen, tap EDIT in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Tap the IP Address field to edit it and use the on-screen keypad to change the last segment of the IP address so that it is 3 higher than the LAN IP.
Example: You set the LAN IP to 172.20.23.180. This means that the WiFi IP should be 192.168.0.183
- Press SAVE when you’re done editing the IP. Now set the Gateway to 255.255.255.0 and the Gateway to 0.0.0.0. When you're finished, press UPDATE at the bottom of the screen. A message will be displayed while the IP address change is saved.
- Your LAN and WiFi IP addresses are now set. Please reboot the controller and make sure the IPs remain at the values you set.
If you have any problems or questions, please contact the ChronoTrack Support Team.