Sometimes you may have duplicates of an event in one of your master events because of athletes adding the event into the system. This may be noticeable by athletes visiting Athlinks.com as multiple entries for a single year of your event, for example. This can cause confusion for your participants trying to locate results or information about your event through Athlinks. Fortunately, removing these events from a Master event is very simple.
- Log into start.athlinks.com and click your company name in the bar at the top of the screen.
- Select Event Search.
- Use the search box to locate the event that has a duplicate.
- Click the name of the event.
- You should now be on the Master Event Dashboard for that event. Scroll down and locate the duplicate event in the list, then click the word 'unlink' next to that event.
Be very careful not to unlink the wrong event. If necessary, click on each event instance to view its dashboard to make sure you're unlinking the right one.
- In the window that appears, you can choose to assign the unlinked event to a different existing Master event or create a new Master event for the unlinked event. If you don't want to take either of these actions, you can simply click Cancel at the bottom of the window.