In ChronoTrack Live, it's very easy to create custom social promotions that encourage athletes to refer friends from Facebook or Twitter. You can track and reward athletes based on the registrations they refer to your event. The better the promotion, the more athlete's you can drive.
This works in 2 ways:
- Share at the end of registation: Athletes can be encouraged to share that they have signed up for your event on Facebook and/or Twitter at the end of registration. They can add their own message to their friends and all registrations through that post will be tracked and associated to that athlete
- Unique Share URL: Any athlete that completed an online registration can grab their personal referral url and share that with friends. All registrations will be tracked.
Social sharing is automatically enabled at the end of your registration form. We encourage you to take advantage of it by making a special offer to encourage athletes to share, ex: Refer a friend and get a running visor, discount, etc.
Content you set up on this step is used in the Facebook/Twitter share
- The Event Description copy is used in the Facebook post when an athlete shares. Take advantage of this to tell people about your event.
- The Facebook post image is added on the Graphics page. It is the "Event Icon" graphic which is 90x90 pixels in dimension
- The Event Name and other course configuration details will automatically populate the post, so be sure all key fields are completed.
Social Sharing Graphics
Customize your promotion to encourage sharing. Add your custom message to the 2 social share graphics that are shown at the end of registration. The two graphics can be uploaded on the Registration > Graphics tab. These two graphics are:
Social Promotion Link Image: Size is 500w x 100h
Promote in the Confirmation Email
Include your promotion in the confirmation email by customizing the referral language in the confirmation email set up on the Registration > Email tab. This will give the athlete a unique url they can share with their friends.
After you make changes to the confirmation e-mail, you must release a new form version.
Add this report on the Reports tab and see which athlete has referred which registrations. Use this report to identify and reward athletes!