Setting Event and Point information on your controllers is a good way to keep controllers and their data organized and distinct to avoid confusion that may lead to streaming the wrong data to an Event or Point within CT Live or other scoring software.
Setting the Event and Point name on a MiniTrack must be done using a .ini file on a USB drive.
Menu Structure Method (Active Minis or Firmware 188.8.131.52+)
- On your Mini, press Menu > 1 > 3 > 1 (Edit E&P)
- Use the keypad to enter the desired Event name, then press Enter.
- Use the keypad to enter the desired Point name, then press Enter.
- Press Yes to confirm or No to cancel the changes.
.ini File Method (Firmware 5.3.8)
Since Minis with Revolution version readers do not support firmware higher than 5.3.8, you cannot set Event and Point names using the controller interface.
- On your computer, open Notepad or another text editor.
- Type the event name in this configuration: XXXXX.EVENT = YYYYY
- Type the point name in this configuration: XXXXX.POINT = YYYYY
XXXXX should be the serial number of your controller.
YYYYY should be the Event or Point name.
Values must be in ALL CAPS.
- Save the file on your computer as CtrlCfg.ini
- You will need to select 'All Files' in the Save as type field.
- No place this file in a folder titled New and place it in the root directory of a blank USB drive. We recommend a drive no larger than 2 GB.
- Ensure that your MiniTrack is powered off, then insert the USB drive and power it on.
- The Event and Point names should now be changed.
Clearing Event and Point Names
You can reset the Event and Point names to their default values by pressing the CMD button on your Mini followed by 9999.
For Minis running version 184.108.40.206 or higher, you will see the display show 9999 on the screen. Press Enter to finalize the reset.
For Minis running version 5.3.8, the screen will not change, but you will hear a beep indicating that the reset was successful.