Setting Event and Point information on your controllers is a good way to keep controllers and their data organized and distinct to avoid confusion that may lead to streaming the wrong data to an Event or Point within CT Live or other scoring software.
Setting the Event and Point name on a MiniTrack must be done using a .ini file on a USB drive.
.ini File Method
To define the Event and Point name on a MiniTrack Controller using a .ini file:
- On your computer, open Notepad or another text editor.
- Type the event name in this configuration: XXXXX.EVENT = YYYYY
- Type the point name in this configuration: XXXXX.POINT = YYYYY
XXXXX should be the serial number of your controller.
YYYYY should be the Event or Point name.
Values must be in ALL CAPS.
- Save the file on your computer as CtrlCfg.ini
- You will need to select 'All Files' in the Save as type field.
- No place this file in a folder titled New and place it in the root directory of a blank USB drive. We recommend a drive no larger than 2 GB.
- Ensure that your MiniTrack is powered off, then insert the USB drive and power it on.
- The Event and Point names should now be changed.
You can return the Event and Point names to their default values at any time by setting the names within the file to 'default'.