Editing users is often necessary in situations such as assigning an existing race organizer to a next-years event. You may also need to update personal or contact information. The ability to edit existing users allows you control over which users can access which events and to what extent.
Only users with ‘Can Admin Users’ role permissions can edit or add other users. The user must have been added by you, or have been assigned to an organization over which you have Can Admin Users permission.
Editing a User
Navigate to the My Users window, locate the user you would like to edit, and click Edit next to the user listing. This will bring up the user’s profile. If necessary, you can search for the user by entering first name, last name, or e-mail address in the search bar.
There are two tabs of the user profile screen – Identity and Roles.
- The Identity tab allows you to edit the personal and contact information for the user. To alter the information, make any desired changes and click Save at the bottom of the page.
- The Roles tab allows you to assign or remove roles for the user.
To Assign a New Role:
- Click + Add Role.
- Select the Role from the dropdown.
- Assign an associated Organizer.
- Determine which event(s) in the Organization the user will have access to.
- If necessary, click +Add Another to associate the user’s role with another Organizer’s event(s).
To Delete a Role:
- Under the Roles tab, select Delete next to the role you would like to delete.
- Select Remove in the confirmation box.