This guide assumes that the reader has prior knowledge of how to use Facebook Ads and Google Tag Manager. If you are just starting out with looking into analytics and Facebook Ads, we suggest you learn more about these things through the links below. After that, you should also view our Using Google Tag Manager document.
Adding the Tag
- Log into your Google Tag Manager account.
- Click Create New Tag
- Name the tag
- Select the Custom HTML Tag option.
- Paste the Facebook Pixel Tag in the text box.
- Enable Support Document write (If not enabled, the tag may time out)
- Fire this tag on All Pages. It will only write back to Facebook when the pixel is present.