This guide will walk you through the process of adding Events to a Series and configuring options for Events within a Series. If you aren't sure how to set up a Series in Athlinks, click HERE. If you're not sure how to create an Event in Athlinks, click HERE.
You will need to be logged into your Athlinks Company to complete the below process. If you do not yet have access to a Company in Athlinks, please contact email@example.com (US) or firstname.lastname@example.org (EU) with the name of your company and what region/area/state you time in to get an account set up.
Adding an Event
To add an event to a Series, navigate to the Event you'd like to add. To do this, click your company name on the header bar and click My Events.
- Click the Options dropdown next to the Event you want to add to the Series.
- Select the Add to Series option.
- On the window that appears, select the Series the Race will be associated with, then click OK.
- On the next page, select the default Division/Group for the Events participants to be entered into.
- If this Race will be the Series Championship Race, check the checkbox that indicates this.
- Enter a Points Factor. This will multiply the Points that the top athletes get for the Series by the designated number. Usually, this is used to reduce the number of Points awarded for the Event if it is not as difficult as others.
- Next, select the Courses in the Race that you would like to be included in the Series.
- Enter the number of Participation Points that will be awarded to each Athlete that completes the Course, and enter a Factor value.
- Click Save Event to Series to finalize.
- Repeat the above process for each Event you would like to add to the Series.
Once you have finished adding an Event, you will be redirected to the Event Series Dashboard and all associated Events will be listed below. Each event will display the Participation Points, the Factor Points, and the total number of Finishers for each Course within the Event. The Championship Event will be marked with a gray dot.
You can edit the Points and Factors for each Event by clicking the Edit button next to the Event you'd like to edit.