Before You Begin...
This guide will show you how to add Events to an existing Athlinks Series and configuring options for Events within that Series.
Before you can do this, you must have completed several steps:
- Create a Series. Click HERE for instructions.
- Create all Events that belong in the Series. ChronoTrack Live linked events will automatically create Athlinks events, so you can skip this step if you created your Event in CT Live. If you're not scoring in CT Live, click HERE for instructions on creating an event in Athlinks.
- Claim all Events that will be part of the Series to your Company in Athlinks. Click HERE for instructions.
Once you've completed the steps above, you're ready to add the Events to your Series.
You will need to be logged into your Athlinks Company to complete the below process. If you do not yet have access to a Company in Athlinks, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (US) or email@example.com (EU) with the name of your company and what region/area/state you time in to get an account set up.
Adding an Event
To add an event to a Series, navigate to the Event you'd like to add. To do this, click your company name on the header bar and click My Events.
- Click the Options dropdown next to the Event you want to add to the Series.
- Select the Add to Series option.
- On the window that appears, select the Series the Race will be associated with, then click OK.
- On the next page, select the default Division/Group for the Events participants to be entered into.
- If this Race will be the Series Championship Race, check the checkbox that indicates this.
- Enter a Points Factor. This will multiply the Points that the top athletes get for the Series by the designated number. Usually, this is used to reduce the number of Points awarded for the Event if it is not as difficult as others.
- Next, select the Courses that you would like to include in the Series. If you're using the Series to give total times for athletes participating in multiple Races in a single Event, checking the boxes for all Races will allow you to give those aggregated times. Please note that individuals not signed up for all Races in the Event may still be included in the Series unless you set a Minimum Number of Races in the Series settings.
- Enter the number of Participation Points that will be awarded to each Athlete that completes the Course, and enter a Factor value.
- Click Save Event to Series to finalize.
- Repeat the above process for each Event you would like to add to the Series.
Once you have finished adding an Event, you will be redirected to the Event Series Dashboard and all associated Events will be listed below. Each event will display the Participation Points, the Factor Points, and the total number of Finishers for each Course within the Event. The Championship Event will be marked with a gray dot.
You can edit the Points and Factors for each Event by clicking the Edit button next to the Event you'd like to edit.