Before you can connect your Pro Controller to the CCS Server via a cellular network, you must set the APN information for the cellular provider you are using.
Please note that this guide pertains only to BoxScore 3.0.9 (TPC-31) and higher. For instructions pertaining to versions that use Modem Manager (BoxScore 1.26 and BoxScore 3.0.4 or lower) click HERE.
Remember, you must have a DATA ONLY plan from a GSM carrier.
Finding APN Information
The first step to setting the APN information is finding the correct APN to use. A quick Google search of "(your carrier) data APN settings" should yield results. What you're looking for is the APN settings for the company's data-only or hot spot plan.
For the sake of simplicity, we've included the APN information for the major compatible US and Canadian carriers below.
Set the APN
From the main screen of BoxScore 3.0.9:
- Press Status > Upload
- Ensure that the Modem is powered on.
- Press Show Modem > Advanced
- Press Connect Modem.
- Once the modem connects, you should see the APN Settings button appear. Press it.
- In the menu that appears, click the Add button and enter the APN information for your carrier using either the on-screen keypad or a USB keyboard.
- When you are finished, click OK and then Activate. The status should change from 'Inaxtive' to 'Activated'.
There is a bug in BoxScore 3.0.9 where pressing Activate might not change the status of the APN to 'Active'. The APN is still active however, and you should be able to connect to the internet. We recommend updating to BoxScore 3.1.0
- Press Done. The APN is now set and you can connect to the server as usual. Click HERE to view the connection steps from this point.