Sometimes you may discover that you need to merge two different Master events with associated Events. It's a good idea to merge any that you may become aware of with your existing one so that Athletes don't become confused by multiple events and miss out on claiming results.
Merge Two Master
- Go to the Master Dashboard of one of the Master events.
- Click the Suggest More button.
- In the window that appears, click the blue Compare link to view the details of each event and finalize the merge.
- Check the Radio button for the event you want to remain the master, then check the checkbox for the event that is to be merged into it.
If there are Athlinks members who have RSVPd to an event in one of the Master events, and you would like to maintain the Start List, make sure that you merge INTO that Master by selecting its Radio button.
- Click the Merge button. You may not receive any visual indication that the events have been merged. Simply navigate back to the "main" Master event's Dashboard. You should not see both events listed.
- Now you need to merge the events within the Master. Again, check the Radio button for the main event, then check the checkbox for the event to be merged.
If there are Athlinks members who have RSVPd to one of the events and you would like to maintain the Start List, make sure that you merge INTO that event by selecting its Radio button.
- Click Merge.
- The page will refresh, and the second Event will disappear. You will see the courses from both Events listed together.
Delete/Merge Duplicate Courses (Optional)
If there are duplicate courses in the Event that do not have results associated with them yet, delete any duplicates. You may not delete courses that have results associated. If your Athlinks event is linked to a CT Live event, it is best to do this step through CT Live. If it is not linked, you can delete duplicate courses from Athlinks.
- Navigate to the Event tab in your CT Live event, and click the Athlinks tab. You will see a page similar to the one shown below.
- Under the "Athlete-Generated Races Only in Athlinks" heading, click the Manage Athlinks Race button.
- In the window that appears, select the option that you would like from the list. If there are multiple different unlinked courses in Athlinks, you may see more options, so please carefully read the options to select the best one.
If there are Start List RSVPs from Athlinks members in both Courses, we suggest you select the "Combine..." option since it will combine the Start Lists for both courses.
- Click Submit when you've selected the correct option. You should see a success message indicating that the action was successful.
- From the Master Event dashboard, click the Race Name of the race that has duplicate courses.
- Click Edit next to the courses field.
- Hover over the courses to the right and click the Remove button that appears.
If there are Start List RSVPs from Athlinks members in one of the courses, check which course have those RSVPs, then delete the other course to maintain the Start List.
- Click Save Courses
You are now finished merging Master Events.