Before photos can be displayed with Athletes' results, you have to sync one of the photos to its corresponding athlete. Once you've matched one photo to an athlete in the photo, ChronoTrack Live will use the time stamp on the photo with the finish time of the athlete you synced it from to sync all other photos. This process requires you to first Upload Photos to your event.
- Once you've Uploaded Photos to your event, navigate to the Media > Photos tab.
- Find a photo where an Athlete is directly over the Finish Line. The bib does not have to be visible as long as you know the runner’s bib number or can check another image where the bib number is plain. Position over the mat is the key.
- Once you've identified a good photo select it, and enter the athlete’s Bib number in the text box at the bottom of the photo. If you don't know the athlete's bib number or can't see it clearly, advance to a further image where the bib may be more easily seen, then go back to the image where the athlete is directly over the line.
- Click the Arrow next to the Save & Continue button.
- Select Sync Camera.
- A window will appear where you can verify that you entered the bib for the correct person and select the proper time with which to associate the photo. If you're satisfied that the information is correct, click Complete & Save.
- If successful, you will see a green pop-up in the top right of the screen saying [Camera Name] Sync Successful. If there was an error, a red pop-up will display the reason for the error.
Once the camera is synced, the page will auto-refresh and the Tagging Status column will say "Auto Sync". You'll also see two buttons - Unsync and Auto-Assign/Show Progress. Read the Unsyncing/Untagging Photos section below to learn more about these buttons.
The Tagged counts for each camera will NOT update with the number of photos synced until the Auto-Tagging process is complete. Keep reading to learn more about this.
Depending on the number of participants in the event, photos may not appear in Online Results immediately, so please allow a couple minutes for the Results to update for large events.