Creating a new event in Athlinks is a simple process that is made even simpler when you Copy an event from CT Live. If you're not using CT Live, but want to add your results to Athlinks, use this guide.
Before you begin, make sure that you are logged into your account and that you are adding an event under the correct race series
Adding the Event
- To add a race you can either click on the tab on the home page that says Add New Event once you are logged in OR you can add a race by clicking on the drop down menu next to the name of your race series at the top of the screen. In the drop down menu you will see an option to Add Event.
- Once you click Add Event you will be taken to the Event Worksheet. Here you will add all of the event details (title, date, start time, location, etc) that are required to add an event. Once you add all the required information, click the Save Event button at the bottom of the page. For the best athlete experience, please enter a thorough description of the event - usually a published blurb promoting the event - and upload your Event's logo.
- Once you save the event you will be taken to the main event page where you will see Courses at the bottom of the page. Before you can upload results to the event, you will need to add courses for each distance athletes participated in. Click Add to enter these.
- On the next page, select the specific courses in which athletes will participate in your event. You can also Build Your Own course if you do not see the correct distance or type listed. When you're done adding/creating all of your courses, click Save Courses.
- Once you click Save Courses, you'll be redirected to the event's dashboard. You'll see the Courses you selected listed at the bottom of the Dashboard.
Now that your Event is created, you can link the event to a Master Event and then Import Results.