Sometimes you may add a course to your CT Live event that you don't want to appear in Athlinks. Because all Races in your event will automatically link to Athlinks, you'll need to un-link your event, manually delete the course(s), then re-link the event. This guide will walk you through each of these steps in detail.
Before you complete this process, be aware that unlinking your CT Live event from your Athlinks event will cause the Athlinks Start List to reset, so anyone who opted in will no longer appear.
Un-Link Your Event
- In your CT Live event, make note of your Event ID number.
- Now, navigate to https://start.athlinks.com/chronotrack. Log in with your Start login and password. If you don't have login info for this site, please Contact Us.
- After you sign in, you'll see the page below. In the Search by Event ID field, type in your CT Live event ID number and click Search Event. You should see a message that says "No events were found." Click the Show Linked button.
- Once your event appears beneath the search field, click the red X inside the Location column.
- A confirmation message will appear. Click OK. Your event is now unlinked. Please leave that browser tab open so you can easily come back after deleting the courses.
- Once your event is Unlinked, go back to your CT Live event, click the Athlinks tab on the main Event tab, then click the Athlinks Event number.
- Having already signed in to start.athlinks during the Unlinking process, you shouldn't need to log in again, but should be taken directly to your Athlinks event's admin Dashboard. From here, click the Edit button next to the "Courses" heading.
- On the page that appears, you'll see all the courses in your event listed on the right side. If you hover the mouse cursor over these races, you'll see a "Remove" option appear. Click Remove for each course you want to delete from Athlinks, then click Save Courses when you're done deleting.
Re-Link the Event
- Once you've deleted the unwanted Athlinks Courses and Saved, go back to the tab you left open at the end of the Un-Link process. The page should look similar to this: (you may need to refresh the page)
- Locate your event in the list on the right and click the LINK button.
- In the window that appears, you'll be prompted to match the Courses between CT Live and Athlinks. Athlinks will try to auto-match the courses between platforms, but you may need to manually re-arrange the matches. To do this, simply click and drag the red-framed Athlinks events into the slot next to the corresponding CT Live events.
- When you're done re-ordering the Races, click the LINK button at the bottom of the window. You'll be redirected to the Athlinks Event Dashboard. If you go back to your CT Live event, you should see that the flame next to the course(s) you removed from Athlinks appear gray (you may need to refresh the page).