What is it?
ChronoTrack Live and RunSignUp have formed a partnership to allow RunSignup registration data to flow to a CT Live event for scoring. Our developers have been hard at work connecting the two platforms to allow RunSignUp data to feed directly into ChronoTrack Live automatically. The integration with RSU is still in early stages, so some features such as Teams aren't yet supported. Your Regional Sales Manager will have full details on supported features and fields.
Can I try it?
At this point, we are looking for events, timers and event directors who are interested in being an early adopter of this integration, and are willing and excited to provide us with feedback. If you're interested in testing, please ensure that events meet the following criteria:
- Event must not already exist in CT Live
- Registration must not be open on any other platform except RSU
- No team events
- No T-shirt information will be migrated
Testing the RSU > CTL integration is very low-risk at this point since standard data imports from RSU to CTL are still possible as they have always been in case of any issues with the integration mechanics.
How do I get started?
Just get in touch with your Regional Sales Manager, and they'll guide you through linking your RSU Partner to your CT Live Timer Org. If you control multiple Timer Orgs in CT Live and you haven't already reached out to us to consolidate them, please mention that when you speak to your RSM.
Once you have an RSU Partner, completing the connection between your events is very straightforward.
- Set up your Reg Event on RSU:
- If you are setting up the RSU Race, click Races > "Create Race" from your Partner Dashboard.
- If you are having someone else create the RSU Race, use your Partner Race URL link from Account > Partner Information > Basic Information.
- Set up your Scoring Event in CT Live:
- Be sure to set up Registration Choices that EXACTLY match the options in your RunSignup Race.
- Fill out this Google Form to have your events linked together.
Here are some links to RunSignup articles you may find helpful while setting up your RSU event. If you have any questions during setup, please reach out to your RSM.
- Creating a Race
- Setting up your Payment Account
- Picking the Right Race Merchandise Options
- Customizing Your Race Page
- Setup Donations & Fundraising
- Adding Special Pricing
All guides for Race Directors: https://help.runsignup.com/support/solutions/17000080448
Guides for Partners: https://help.runsignup.com/support/solutions/folders/17000135535
FAQ for ChronoTrack Timers (please contact your RSM for the password): https://runsignup.blog/2019/07/26/private-for-chronotrack-timers/
My CT Live event is linked to RSU. Now what?
Once your events are connected, the data will automatically flow. As people complete registration in RSU, those entries will flow into CT Live automatically within 5-10 seconds.
Changes made to entry information such as name, age, or gender corrections in CT Live will be overridden when data is synced from RSU, so it's recommended to make those types of changes on the RSU side.
Athletes will NOT be able to register using Online or Onsite registration, even if pricing, waivers, and all other requirements are set up and a form has been released.
All other Scoring-related CT Live features will be available to you. Additionally, the full feature list available through Athlinks will also be at your disposal including:
- Athlinks Live Results
- Athlinks Media Services - Photo and Video Uploads
- Athlinks Branded Photo Overlay
- Athlinks Custom Finisher Certificates
- Athlinks Event Landing Pages
- Athlinks Individual Results Pages
- Athlinks Mobile App
- Athlinks Map Tracking
- Athlinks Results Kiosk + Result Printer
Q: Will changes made in RSU override changes I made in CT Live (DOB, age, name, etc.)
A: Yes. For now it's best to change the info in both places to avoid problems.
Q: How will I know an athlete came from RunSignup?
A: On the CT Live Athlete tab, you will see the "Entry Source" as either RSU or rsu-integration, and the CTLive External ID will match the RunSignup Participant ID.