What is it?
ChronoTrack Live and RunSignUp have formed a partnership to allow RunSignup registration data to flow to a CT Live event for scoring. Our developers have been hard at work connecting the two platforms to allow RunSignUp data to feed directly into ChronoTrack Live automatically. The integration with RSU is still in early stages, so some features aren't yet supported. Your Regional Sales Manager will have full details on supported features and fields.
Can I try it?
Everyone is welcome to start using the integration, but there are a few conditions that must be met in order for us to get your event set up:
- Event must not already exist in CT Live
- Registration must not be open on any other platform except RSU
- No T-shirt information will be migrated
How do I get started?
Just get in touch with your Regional Sales Manager, and they'll guide you through linking your RSU Partner to your CT Live Timer Org. If you control multiple Timer Orgs in CT Live and you haven't already reached out to us to consolidate them, please mention that when you speak to your RSM.
Once you have an RSU Partner, completing the connection between your events is very straightforward.
- Set up your Reg Event on RSU:
- If you are setting up the RSU Race, click Races > "Create Race" from your Partner Dashboard.
- If you are having someone else create the RSU Race, use your Partner Race URL link from Account > Partner Information > Basic Information.
- Set up your Scoring Event in CT Live:
- Be sure to set up Registration Choices that EXACTLY match the options in your RunSignup Race.
- Make sure you pay special attention to the items listed in our RSU linking troubleshooting guide HERE.
- Fill out this Google Form to have your events linked together.
Here are some links to RunSignup articles you may find helpful while setting up your RSU event. If you have any questions during setup, please reach out to your RSM.
- Creating a Race
- Setting up your Payment Account
- Picking the Right Race Merchandise Options
- Customizing Your Race Page
- Setup Donations & Fundraising
- Adding Special Pricing
All RSU guides for Race Directors: https://help.runsignup.com/support/solutions/17000080448
Guides for Partners: https://help.runsignup.com/support/solutions/folders/17000135535
FAQ for ChronoTrack Timers (please contact your RSM for the password): https://runsignup.blog/2019/07/26/private-for-chronotrack-timers/
My CT Live event is linked to RSU. Now what?
Once your events are connected, as people complete registration in RSU, those entries will flow into CT Live automatically within 5-10 seconds.
To help avoid lost changes and confused data and reduce hassle, we've added a toggle to the Event Dashboard in CT Live that will allow users to stop participant data from syncing from RunSignup into CT Live. This should only be turned off when the event is no longer accepting registrations through RunSignup.
With the 3rd Party Reg Sync toggle, the best practice for making changes to athletes' information is:
- While RSU Registration is active and collecting entries, any changes should be made on RSU because changes made on CT Live may get overridden.
- After RSU Registration is closed, 3rd Party Reg Sync should be turned OFF in CT Live, and any changes to athletes' information can be safely done on CT Live.
Athletes will NOT be able to register using Online Registration, even if pricing, waivers, and all other requirements are set up and a form has been released. However, On-site Registration WILL still work through CT Live.
All other Scoring-related CT Live features will be available to you. Additionally, the full feature list available through Athlinks will also be at your disposal including:
- Athlinks Live Results
- Athlinks Media Services - Photo and Video Uploads
- Athlinks Photo Overlay Branding
- Athlinks Custom Finisher Certificates
- Athlinks Event Landing Pages
- Athlinks Individual Results Pages
- Athlinks Mobile App
- Athlinks Map Tracking
- Athlinks Results Kiosk + Result Printer
Q: How will I know an athlete came from RunSignup and not CT Live On-Site registration?
A: On the CT Live Athlete tab, you will see the "Entry Source" as API, RSU, or rsu-integration, and the CT Live External ID will match the RunSignup Participant ID.
Q: Will changes made in RSU override changes I made in CT Live (DOB, age, name, etc.)?
A: Yes, even if you only edit one field, ALL fields will be updated to reflect RSU values.
Q: Registration through RunSignup is closed now. Can I turn off Syncing so I can make changes to athlete information in CT Live?
A: Yes. CT Live now has a toggle at the bottom of the Event > Dashboard tab that allows you to turn off 3rd-Party Reg Sync.
Q: Can I use CT Live dynamic bib assignment while also accepting registrations through RSU?
A: Yes, but extreme caution is advised. Any athlete who has received a bib assignment must NOT be updated in any way in RSU. As an example, if an athlete is assigned a bib through CT Live, then their age is updated in RSU, the change in RSU will sync to CT Live, but the bib assingment will be overwritten.
After requesting that ChronoTrack staff link your RSU event, we may let you know we were unable to link it up YET. We don't always know exactly why the linking failed, so this checklist will help you overcome the most common obstacles before you request linking.
If your RSU event is in draft mode, it's not fully published and we likely won't be able to find it when we attempt to link it, even if we have the RSU event ID. Make sure your RSU registration is fully published before requesting linking.
In order for linking to happen, Registration Choices have to exist on a 1:1 ratio on both RSU and CT Live. Make sure that every Registration Choice in RSU has a copy on the CT Live side under Registration > Choices. You don't need to configure pricing to match - just the names.
RSU gives the option to bundle Reg Choices at a discount. These bundled Choices associate athletes with each individual Reg Choice in the bundle before data is sent to CT Live. Because of this, you need to ensure that each Reg Choice in the bundle maps to an individual corresponding Reg Choice in CT Live before linking can occur.
If you've enabled Teams in RSU, but not in CT Live, this could prevent linking. Make sure that each Team race in CT Live has the "Allows Teams" option set to "Yes" and the corresponding Reg Choice has been edited to select the appropriate Team Type.