In this article we will walk you through the process of creating your controller in hub.chronotrack.com and then setting up the MobileTrack app to capture reads.
Download the App
To begin, download the app from either the iOS App Store or the Google Play Store. You will find the app listed as ChronoTrack MobileTrack.
- Log in to hub.chronotrack.com
- You will use your Timers Portal credentials to login
- Choose "Add Controller" in the top-right of the screen.
- Fill in the Event, Point, and default time source. Click submit, and save the code provided to input into the MobileTrack App in the next step
- Open the MobileTrack App and Input the 6 digit code that you saved in Step 3
How to use the App
- When setting up the app through the Hub, you will have already selected a time source for the device. However, you will also have the option to set a different time if you need.
- There are 5 options for setting time in the app. To navigate to this screen, select the menu bar in the top left corner and select “Set Time”. In the dropdown menu on this screen, you have the following options:
- Phone: Use the phone's default time
- Controller: Use a controller to set the time.
- Please note that the phone must be on the same Wi-Fi network to receive a time sync from another controller
- Manual: Set a time manually
- Ntp: Connect to an NTP server to use Network Time Protocol
- Any controller connected to NTP will have the same time as long as the time zones match on each controller
- Gps: Use the Phone's internal GPS to set the time
- Any controller connected to GPS will have the same time as long as the time zones match on each controller
- The Broadcast Time feature is on the bottom of the Set Time screen. To broadcast time to controllers from the MobileTrack app, the device must be on the same Wi-Fi network as the controllers that time is being sent to. Once you are on the same Wi-Fi network as the other controllers you will be able to select “Broadcast Time”. Once set, you will see the controllers that are on the Wi-Fi network light up indicating time has been set.
Manual Tag Reads
From the Dashboard select “ADD READ”
To input reads key in Bib Number and select Save
MobileTrack is online
If your phone has an active internet connection, you will find your MobileTrack Device on the CCS like any of your other controllers. To learn more about streaming tag reads you can read these articles:
MobileTrack is offline
If your phone is offline your device is still able to collect tags and will save them until your phone has an internet connection or you are able to pull the data manually.
To pull data manually off of the device:
- Select the menu and navigate to “Files”
- Find the file you are looking to retrieve and select the share icon
Set Event and Point Name
To set the Event and Point name navigate to the menu and select "Set Event and Point". Here you will the option edit and save this information.