Before You Begin...
Before upgrading/downgrading the Reader, make sure to copy all files off the controller before upgrading. Any unsaved files may be lost in the upgrade process.
Before you can upgrade the reader firmware, you must first download the latest firmware from the Timer Portal. This can be found in the Downloads section under Firmware > MiniTrack. The latest version will be the last listed folder. Within some versions folder are two files: a .upg file and a .md5 file. You ONLY need the .upg file.
Due to security measures written into reader version 5.2.9 a different upgrade process must be used. For information on this process, please contact ChronoTrack Support for guidance.
Upgrade the Reader
- Create a new folder called chrono
- Inside that folder, create another new folder called reader-upgd
The structure should look like below.
- Rename the .upg file you downloaded from the Timer Portal as upgrade.upg
- Place the chrono folder on an empty USB drive. We recommend a drive no larger than 2GB.
- Eject the USB drive from your computer and remove it.
- Ensure that your MiniTrack is powered off.
- Plug in AC power and put at least one fully-charged Ryobi battery in one of the battery slots.
- Insert the prepared USB drive into any one of the four USB slots on the controller.
- Turn on the controller.
- As the MiniTrack upgrades, the screen will give some progress reports.
- The Port LEDs will cycle from 1 to 4 and back to 1 as the upgrade process runs. This indicates progress.
- Eventually, you will hear a beep, all the controller lights will light, and a message on the screen will prompt you to remove the USB drive.
- The software will automatically detect that you have removed the USB. It will then reboot the reader so the new software is running. The reboot can take up to 5 minutes.
- Check the Reader Software version in the Versions sub-menu: MENU + 7 + 3 + 2.