CradlePoint has "end-of-lifed" the CTR350 which means they will no longer support it or offer Firmware upgrades. We suggest you check out the TP-Link or Pepwave options listed on the Network Accessories page.
This guide will walk you through the process of configuring your CradlePoint CTR350 router to supply internet to a MiniTrack or Pro Controller with a USB cellular modem.
You will need to reference the Router Password Cheat Sheet found in the Downloads section of the Timer Portal under Networking Accessories. Please download it and have it ready.
Configure the Router
- Supply power to the CradlePoint.
- Use an Ethernet cable to connect your CradlePoint to the Ethernet adapter on your PC.
- Download the configuration file from the Downloads section at the end of this article.
- Open a web browser and enter 192.168.0.1 in the address bar, then press enter.
- On the page that appears, enter the password for your device. The default password is the last 6 digits of the MAC address printed on the bottom of your CradlePoint Router.
- Navigate to the Tools tab, and scroll down to the Save and Restore Configuration section.
- Click the Browse button to navigate to the configuration file you downloaded in step 3.
- Click the Restore from Configuration File button.
- Once the file has been uploaded, click the Reboot Now button.
- You will see a message saying that the Router is rebooting. Wait about 2 minutes or until the page auto-refreshes or a new page opens. Your device has been successfully configured.
To test configuration, insert a USB modem into the router, plug the router into a MiniTrack using the USB cable, and then connect the router to the controller with the Ethernet cable. Wait for both the router’s and the modem’s boot sequences to complete. This can take a couple minutes, depending on the modem you are using.
Finally, attempt to establish a connection on your controller, first ensuring that the Server address is set to 220.127.116.11.
The configuration page/address of the router is now 172.20.23.1. The Admin password can be found on the Router Password Cheat Sheet. The new SSID and WiFi password are also located on the Cheat Sheet.