This guide will walk you through the process of configuring your Pepwave On-The-Go SUS-AGN1 router for use with a Cellular aircard to allow a MiniTrack to connect to the ChronoTrack Server. This configuration will also work to supply a Client Router with internet connectivity by connecting it to the Main router's WiFi network. This type of setup is useful for Gatorless splits.
Before you commit to using this router model, make sure you purchase a USB modem model that is compatible with this router, and also make sure that the Modem has an active SIM card inserted. Click HERE for Pepwave's compatibility list for the SUS-AGN1. You should update your Pepwave's firmware to the latest version before using it. The latest firmware file is at the bottom of this article. (fw-surfotg-1.0.30-1321.bin)
You will need to reference the Router Password Cheat Sheet found in the Downloads section of the Timer Portal under Networking Accessories. Please download it and have it ready.
Loading a Configuration File
- Download the configuration file from the Downloads section at the end of this article onto your computer.
- Provide power to the Pepwave and connect it to your PC using an Ethernet cable.
- After the unit has finished its boot-up sequence (~20 seconds), open a web browser and type 192.168.20.1 into the search bar and press Enter.
You may need to set your LAN IP to the same network (192.168.20.x) where x is a number that is NOT 1
- Click the Settings button.
- Click the Misc tab and scroll to the very bottom of the page and locate the Configuration Upload section at the bottom of the page.
- Select Choose File and select the Config file you downloaded in step 2.
- Click Upload and wait ~30 seconds.
- After 30 seconds have passed, enter 172.20.23.1 into your search bar and press Enter. The login Username and Password can be found on the Router Password Cheat Sheet that is hosted on the Timer Portal in the Downloads section.
- You should now see the Pepwave Dashboard. Ensure that the Cellular WAN Mode is selected by clicking on the icon.
You are now ready to use your Pepwave Host Router to connect a MiniTrack to the internet and supply internet to other devices via WiFi.
To test configuration, insert a USB modem into the router, plug the router into a MiniTrack using the USB cable, and then connect the router to the controller with the Ethernet cable. Wait for both the router’s and the modem’s boot sequences to complete. This can take a couple minutes, depending on the modem you are using.
Finally, attempt to establish a connection on your controller, first ensuring that the Server address is set to 126.96.36.199.
The new WiFi SSID and Password can be found on the Router Password Cheat Sheet. (See the note at the beginning of this article for details)
It may take up to 2 minutes for the Host Pepwave to sync with an inserted aircard and establish an internet connection. An indication that a successful connection has been made is the RDY light. If it is solid red, the device is not connected. If it is solid Green, the device is connected and ready.