In order to help you more fully understand the Team Payment Structure options and how they affect you and your athletes, this guide will explain the nuances of each option. Remember that you select the Team Payment Structure on the Registration Choice level after selecting the Team Type. For instructions on getting to this step and configuring other aspects of teams, click HERE.
The Per Member option encompasses three different payment options. The third simply allows you to let the Team Captain choose between the first two when the Team is created.
The first option, Members Pay at the Time of Registration, behaves exactly the same as an individual athlete's registration. The athlete will receive the same confirmation e-mail and the Team Captain doesn't need to take any action on behalf of his athletes. This is the default payment structure.
The second option, Team Captain Pays for the Entire Team After Registration, is probably the least-understood payment structure. Selecting this option means that payment is not due for any team until after registration for the Event closes, even if registration closes after the event actually takes place. Selecting this option also removes the Number of Registrants pricing tier type.
Once you close the Registration Choice, you'll notice that there is a Send Payment Reminder button in the lower right corner of the registration choice's frame. This button will remain grayed-out until registration choice closes for the event.
When a Team is created in the registration form, the Athlete creating the Team will automatically be made the captain. The captain will be notified of the payment structure after creating the team, and also in the confirmation email.
Once Registration closes, you can send an e-mail to the Team Captains using the Send Payment Reminder button. The e-mail the captain receives contains specific instructions on how to pay for the team.
The link in the e-mail will direct the captain to their Athlete Profile on ChronoTrack Live where they can click the Manage Team button next to your race.
On the next screen, they will select the Pay for Team button which will guide them through the payment process.
You can use the Standard/TeamNumbers report to keep track of which teams have been paid for. You'll need to add this Report to your event using the + Add Report button on the Reports tab in CT Live. When you're adding the report, make sure to check the Paid check box before saving the report.
The second payment structure option is very simple. When an Athlete creates a Team, that athlete is automatically the Team Captain and is responsible for paying a flat fee for the entire Team, regardless of the number of members the Team may have at the end of Registration.
Pre-Paid with Tiered Discount
This option allows you to provide tiered, percentage discounts at pre-defined Team member counts. Configuring this option is very simple. Once you've clicked the radio button for this option, a new field will appear allowing you to enter a team member count range and a percentage for the discount to be applied when that member count has been reached or exceeded. You can use the Add Another Tier link to add as many Tiers as you need.
The highest number you enter will be used as the maximum number of members allowed on Teams registered with this Reg Choice. For example, in the image above, the maximum number of people that would be allowed on a Team in this Reg Choice is 6.
You can also select NL (no limit) from the dropdown to allow an unlimited number of members.
Lastly, you choose to Enable pay Per Member option. This allows Captains to choose between the Tiered discount or Per Member when the team is created.
During registration, if an athlete creating a new team selected the "team discount" option, they will be prompted to enter the number of members they expect on the team. This will apply the correct discount tier to their running total when they click to the next step of registration.
When a new registrant selects an existing team, their cart total will drop to $0 and a counter displaying the total number of slots left on the team will appear.
In conclusion, there are some extra details to keep in mind about Team Discounts:
- A Team Discount will override any other discount. This means that no coupon codes can be used when using a Reg Choice with the Prepaid Team discount.
- Team Discounts only work on the Online Registration form, currently.
- If Team Reg Brackets are configured with a specific max number of members, the Reg Form will show that limit as the maximum on the team selection slide of the reg form. If BOTH Team Reg brackets and Prepaid Team max members are set to a specific maximum number of members, it will use the lower number of the two.
- Once the number of entries the Captain entered when creating the team is met, any additional members will be charged the standard fee for that Reg Choice.
- If you want to change an existing Team reg choice to the Tiered Discount structure, and athletes had previously registered on Teams, you must do the following so that all currently registered team members count toward the totals necessary for pricing tiers to advance: Mark all current Team Members as Withdrawn (manually or by import), change the Payment Structure to Prepaid with Tier Discount, then mark the team members to Confirmed (manually or by import).