Setting up Teams for your CT Live event consists of three steps:
- Enable Teams for the Race
- Configure Team Type and Payment Structure
- Set up Registration Brackets and Map Them to Scoring Brackets
This is necessary because of the variety in demographics that may be involved between one Team and the next.
Enable Teams for the Race
- Click the Race you would like to enable Teams for
- Select Yes for Allows Teams
- Click Save & Close.
Configure Team Type and Payment Structure
Payment structure is arbitrary if you are not using ChronoTrack Live for registration.
- Navigate to the Registration > Choices tab and locate the Registration Choice for your Team Race.
- Click Edit
- In the window that appears, locate the Team Type drop down. Select the desired Team Type (Relay or Aggregate)
- Now select the Payment Structure you would like for your Teams.
Per Member - Every individual pays for themselves at the time of registration. You can select whether the members pay when they register, or the Team Captain pays the fee for every member of the team after Registration closes.
Flat Rate - the Team captain pays one flat rate for the Team on creation of the Team, regardless of the number of members.
- Pre-Paid with Tiered Discount - the Team captain pays for the whole team at a discounted level based on the number of members in the team. When you select this option, you're prompted to enter one or more discount percentage tiers.
For an in-depth explanation of each Payment Structure option, click HERE
- Lastly, select whether or not to Require Teams.
We suggest that you Require Teams if you do not intend to allow Individuals to register using this reg choice.
- Click Save & Close when you are finished with your changes.
Set up Registration Brackets
Registration Brackets can be used to map Relay teams to Scoring Brackets and limit team sizes for Relay or Aggregate type teams and separate teams into different categories. Registration Brackets are created on a per race basis, so make sure to set them up for each Team type race in your Event.
Since Aggregate type teams are comprised of Athletes who have their own unique Bib number, Aggregate type Teams cannot be placed in any special brackets using Registration Brackets. However, Reg Brackets can be used to score Aggregate teams differently in the XC Aggregate Report. If for any reason you would like Aggregate Team members to not to be able to participate in Age Groups, we recommend that you create a separate Race for your teams, or use the Custom field in CT Live to map the individual athletes to custom brackets.
If you are scoring Relay type teams and the teams will be scored in specific brackets (e.g. Corporate Teams, Student Teams, etc) you will need to set up Registration Brackets and map them to Scoring Brackets with Bracket Rules (instructions to follow).
If you are only scoring Relay Teams based on Overall ranking, you do not need to set up Reg Brackets. All Teams will automatically be in the Overall scoring bracket.
- Navigate to the Teams > Configuration tab
- Ensure that you have selected the correct Race, then click +Add Team Reg Bracket
- In the window that appears, select the Reg Choice that the Reg Brackets will appear in, then determine whether athletes will select or auto-join the reg bracket.
If you're only using Reg Brackets to limit team size, you should set the bracket to Auto-Join.
- Specify a Bracket Name. (Example: Corporate Teams, Female Wheelchair, Male College, etc.
- Specify the parameters (Gender, Age, Min/Max Members) that Team Members must meet for Teams to be sorted into this Bracket.
- Click Complete & Save when finished.
- Repeat this process for all Reg Brackets you need for Teams.
Define Team Management Settings
Now you must determine the rules surrounding Brackets and team creation and management. These settings are found on the Teams > Configuration tab and are divided into three categories - Global Team Settings, During Registration, and Post Registration.
These settings are configured on a race by race basis, so make sure to configure settings for all Team type races by selecting each race name at the top of the page and selecting settings.
- Under Global Team Settings, select whether you'd like to restrict teams to only people who signed up under the same Race or the same Reg Choice. This can help ensure that athletes don't cheat on pricing when signing up as part of a team. If you select Reg Choice, only athletes who signed up under the same Reg Choice can be on the same team.
- Team Passwords allow Captains to prevent unwanted members from joining their team. If you'd like to allow the Team Captain to set a Team Password when he creates the team, select On for the Enable Team Passwords setting.
- Now, select whether Relay Team Members have the same Bib number or their own unique Bib Numbers. Please note that enabling unique bibs does not allow each athlete on the Team to have their own Tag number. A Relay Team's members must each wear the same Tag number or pass a baton with a single tag number, even if they have unique bib numbers.
- Under the During Registration section, select whether athletes may Create & Join teams in the registration form or Join Only.
- Next, choose whether athletes should select their Team's Registration Bracket as part of the Team creation process. Options include Do Not Display, Required, and Not Required.
- Under the Post Registration section, choose whether or not to allow Team Captain Admin. Toggling this feature on enables the Create New Teams and Join Existing Teams options and grants the Team Captain the ability to edit the Team Name and Team Password, view and copy member e-mail addresses, pass captainship, invite new members, and receive e-mail notifications when new members join.
- Create New Teams and Join Existing Teams allow individual entrants or existing Team members and Captians to either join already created teams, or create a new Team from their CT Live profile after they have registered for the event. Select Yes to enable either of these options.
Reg Bracket age and gender restrictions will still apply to Teams created or joined after registration.
- When you're finished with these settings, click Save.
Map Reg Brackets to Scoring Brackets (Relay Teams Only)
Once you have Team Reg Brackets set up and have determined the management settings, you can create Scoring Brackets and map the Reg Brackets to them.
- Navigate to the Scoring > Brackets tab. Ensure that you have selected the correct race.
- Create Custom type Scoring Brackets that correspond to your Reg Brackets.
- Once you have activated the new Custom Brackets, click + Add Bracket Rule
- In the window that appears, select the Teams radio button.
- Select the Registration Bracket, then select the Scoring Bracket into which the Athletes in the Reg Bracket will be sorted.
- Determine whether or not the Scoring Bracket will be their Primary Bracket.
- Click Map Entries to Bracket.
- If there are Teams already registered in the event, you should see the counts in the Scoring Brackets change under the Teams heading. Bear in mind that the Athlete counts may remain at 0.