You may sometimes want to share CT Live reports with an Event Organizer, a group of employees, a committee, or other individuals or groups without giving access to the entire admin side of your event. With 3rd Party Reports, you no longer have to download the report and e-mail it to 3rd parties every time a change is made. Several reports including the Confirmed Entries Report now have the "3rd Party Accessible" check box. This guide will show you how to create and grant access to 3rd Party Reports and offer some advice and considerations when using them.
Add or Edit the Report
- First, either add the report you want to grant access to, or edit an existing report and check the 3rd Party Accessible check box. You should add a Report Description detailing why and for whom the report was created along with any other relevant information. Remember that 3rd Party users with access to the report will see this description.
- Now, edit the report's options to show only the information you want to share. If you're editing an existing report, we suggest that you check the Save as New box so that the original report remains in the main reports view instead of just being moved to the 3rd Party Reports tab.
- Click Save & Close to save the report and add it to the 3rd Party Reports tab. You can edit this report separately from the master report on this tab, but the report will always be up to date with the latest information.
Grant Access to 3rd Parties
- To grant access to a 3rd Party user, you'll need to create a new user. In order to do this, your account must have Can Admin Users role permissions for each organization under which you need to create a new user. If your account doesn't have this permission yet, or the user already has a CT Live account, please contact email@example.com
- To learn how to create a new User click HERE. On the Roles step, make sure to select the 3rd Party Reports role. You should also make sure to give permission for SPECIFIC EVENTS and not the whole Organization unless you want the user to be able to view all 3rd Party enabled reports for any event in that Organization.
- When you click Complete & Save, the new user will be created, and an e-mail will be sent to their address prompting them to set up their CT Live password.
When the user logs into their CT Live account, they will see a screen similar to what's shown below. They can click the 3rd Party Reports tab to view any events to which you have granted them access.
Clicking on one of the events will open a very limited version of the event's 3rd Party Reports tab. The 3rd Party user can view and download the reports in any of the usual formats, but they do not have the ability to edit or delete the reports.