In the rare event that you ever have to upgrade your powerboard version, these instructions will walk you through each step of the process.
- Locate the appropriate zip folder in the Downloads section of the Timer Portal under Downloads > Firmware > Pro > TPC-n-Powerboard and download it to your computer. The file beginning with "1.26" is for TPC-30 controllers. The file beginning with "3.1.6" is for TPC-31 controllers.
- Extract the folder from the zip folder and place the unzipped 'New' folder in the root directory of a blank USB drive no larger than 2GB.
- While the controller is powered on, insert the USB drive into the controller.
- Use a paperclip and press the reset switch on the back of the TPC mesa (pictured below). Pressing this button will shut the controller down.
- Power the controller on. The controller will detect the update file in the USB drive and enter Bootloader mode. All LED lights on the TPC mesa will flash.
- After a few moments, the update wizard will launch. It will run a check to ensure that the powerboard needs to be updated. If it is up to date, the update wizard will close and the controller will exit Bootloader mode. If the powerboard does need to be updated, the Update button will become selectable.
- Press the Update button on the update wizard.
- The controller will run through the update process. This will take between 2 and 4 minutes.
- Once the update process is complete, the controller will boot into BoxScore.
Once BoxScore has started, select Status > System to confirm the correct power board version. On BoxScore 3 (below, right) the Version heading will change every two seconds. Wait until you see the power board version appear to confirm the update. The latest version is 1.2.30