Using discount or free pass incentives can be powerful tools to drive registration for you Event. When using ChronoTrack Live Registration, this is made simple using our Guest Pass Coupon feature.
You can only have one Guest Pass coupon per event, but guest passes may be used on a range of events that are under the same Organizer as the event in which the coupon was created.
Every athlete who registers will be given a Guest Pass in their Confirmation E-mail. Athletes can then log into their CT Live profile to view all events for which the code is eligible. The athletes can then choose to use the coupon themselves for a different event, or pass the coupon to a friend to register for the same event.
Creating a Guest Pass Coupon
- Navigate to the Registration > Coupons tab in the ChronoTrack Live Admin page for your Event.
- Make sure that Coupons are Enabled for your event and set any other necessary Coupon settings.
- Click the + Add Coupon button.
- In the window that appears, specify a Description for the coupon, then select Guest Pass as the Coupon type.
- Specify the Max uses per code. Once a code has been used the specified number of times in any of the selected events, the code will expire. Typically 1 use per code is advisable, but you can choose to allow more.
- Enter the date at which generated Guest Pass coupons will expire, then click Continue.
- On the next window, select the Events that you would like the coupon to be valid for. Remember, Guest Pass coupon codes are valid for only one of the selected events, unless you specified that the code could be used more than once.
If you've set up Reg Classes within the Organization in which your created this event, you can select one or more Reg Classes. This will enable the Guest Pass to be used for any Reg Choices that are included in the Reg Class. For more on Reg Classes, click HERE.
Please ensure that selected events' coupon slides are enabled on the events whose registration is currently live.
- Enter the Pass Value, then define the Discount Type - types include USD, Percentage, No Discount, and Specific Price.
- Click Continue when done making changes.
- On the next page, review the Events you selected and define the Code Foundation for the coupon codes to be generated. This should be a series of letters or a word that indicates the event in which you are creating the code. This will help to identify the source of codes that are being used to register for events.
- When finished, click Complete & Save
After finalizing the code, it will appear in the Available Coupons section of the Coupons tab. As athletes register and Guest Pass codes are generated, you can use the blue link in the Code field to view codes and usage counts, search for specific codes, and expire individual codes. You can Edit, Expire, or Delete the guest pass coupon at any time using the buttons to the right.
You can also click the View Codes link to see each code that has been generated and expire individual codes if necessary.