If you purchased your RFID Block after June of 2014, you may not need to manually install a driver. To test automatic compatibility with your system, plug the RFID block into your computer and open a program such as TagChecker. If TagChecker shows 'Ready' in the lower left hand corner of the window, your RFID block is ready to use. If it does not show 'Ready', try unplugging the RFID block and then plugging it in again.
If it still does not work, complete the process below.
- Download the zipped folder in the Downloads section at the end of this guide. Place it in a location that is easy to locate and unzip the file by right-clicking on it and selecting Extract all... It should extract to a folder called RF2400 Driver Win7 (32-64Bit).
- On your keyboard, press the Windows key + C and select Settings > Change PC Settings.
- Click General and scroll down to Advanced Startup and click Restart Now.
- "Please wait..." will appear, and then you will see Choose an Option appear
- Select Troubleshoot
- On the Troubleshoot menu, select Advanced Options
- Select Startup Settings
- On the Startup Settings screen, select Restart
- Your computer will restart.
- When the computer boots again, several startup options will be listed. Select Disable Driver Signature Enforcement by pressing the appropriate number key on your keyboard.
- Your computer will reboot again. Login to your computer as normal.
- Plug the RFID Block into one of your computer's USB ports. The PC may appear to do nothing, or the following message may appear. If so, click the X button.
- Press Windows key + S to open a search window. In the search box, enter "Control Panel", and click the Control Panel entry.
- Change View by: to Small Icons, and select Device Manager.
- You will see a list of device categories, and under Other devices, you should be a listing similar to this:
- Right click on USB < - > RF1200 and select Update Driver Software...
- Select Browse my computer for driver software.
- click Browse and navigate to the folder you extracted in step 1, open it, and select the folder titled RF2400 Driver XP Vista 32 64 bits.
- Click OK, to return to the Brows window, and click Next.
- Windows should begin the installation and a progress bar should appear, followed by the following message:
- Click Install this driver software anyway.
- The progress bar should continue, and then you should see the following message.
- Click the Close button.
- At the same time, a message may appear at the bottom stating the hardware failed to install. Click Ok on this message.
- Now the Device Manager form should have a new Other device called 'USB Serial Port'.
Right click on USB Serial Port, select Update Driver Software and repeat steps 18-23.
- Once installed, the following should appear:
- Click the Close button.
- Now a new list of devices should appear. Note ENSYC USB Serial Port and Ensyc USB Serial Converter under the Ports (COM & LPT) and Universal Serial Bus Controllers groupings.
- Close the Device Manager form and the RFID Block should be ready to work with any of the RFID Block software (PrintDTag, Tag Checker, MiniTagReader, MiniTagWriter).