This process should be run for RFID blocks purchased before June 2014. It will update the firmware of your RFID block so that it will not require a Driver when used with any Windows 8 or higher computer. Previous versions of Windows will still require the RFID_Block_Driver-XP-Win7-Win8-2.08.28 update located in the Downloads section of this article.
PREREQUISITE: The RFID Block must be recognized by the computer running the firmware update. This will require manual installation of the relevant RFID Driver on the updating computer. For instructions, please see the setup guides for Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10.
- Please download the RFIDBlock-DriverlessUpdate.zip from the Downloads section at the end of this article.
- On your computer, right click on the file and select Extract All... It should extract to a folder called RFIDBlock-DriverlessUpdate.
- Open the RFIDBlock-DriverlessUpdate, then open the MProg folder. Double-click on MProg.exe
- Click File > Open and a file dialog should appear. Select Default11.ept and click Open.
- MProg should now display:
- Plug your RFID Block into your PC.
- Click Device > Scan, and this form should now display:
- Click Device > Erase, and this form should display:
- Click Device > Program, and this form should now display:
- Close MProg.exe, unplug the RFID Block, and then plug it back into your PC.
The RFID Block should now work without drivers.