If you purchased your RFID Block after June of 2014, you may not need to manually install a driver. To test automatic compatibility with your system, plug the RFID block into your computer and open a program such as TagChecker. If TagChecker shows 'Ready' in the lower left hand corner of the window, your RFID block is ready to use. If it does not show 'Ready', try unplugging the RFID block and then plugging it in again.
If it still does not work, complete the process below.
- Please download the RF2400 Driver Win 7 (32-64 Bit) file from the Downloads section at the end of this article to your PC (DO NOT RUN OR OPEN).
- Place the file in a location that's easy to find. Right click on file and select Extract All... The file should extract to a folder titled 'RF2400 Driver Win 7 (32-64 Bit)'.
- Plug the RFID Block into your PC. The PC may not appear to do anything, but eventually there should be a message in the lower right indicating that Windows could not install the hardware. Click the close button on the message.
- Click Start > Control Panel, then click System and Security.
- Locate the System group and then click on Device Manager. You should see a list of devices, and under Other Devices should be a listing similar to this:
- Right click on USB < - > RF1200 and select Update Driver Software... The following form should open.
- Select Browse my computer for driver software.
- From the window that appears, navigate to the folder you extracted in step #1, open it, and select the RF2400 Driver Win 7 (32-64 Bit) folder.
The location of the download may be different that what is pictured below.
- Click OK. You will return to the Update Driver Software screen. Click Next.
- Windows should begin installation and a progress bar should appear, followed by the following message:
- Click Install this driver software anyway.
- The progress bar should continue, and then you should see the following. Click the Close button. At the same time, a message may appear at the bottom stating the hardware failed to install. Click OK on this message.
- Now the Device Manager form should have a new Other device:
- Right click on USB Serial Port, select Update Driver Software and repeat steps 7-11.
- Once installed, the following should appear:
- Click the Close button.
- Now a new list of devices should appear. Note ENSYC USB Serial Port and Ensyc USB Serial Converter under the Ports (COM & LPT) and Universal Serial Bus Controllers groupings.
- Close the Device Manager form and the RFID Block should be ready to work with any of the RFID Block software (PrintDTag, Tag Checker, MiniTagReader, MiniTagWriter).