Keeping your registration form short and to the point will improve athlete experience, and the ability to hide certain questions and products they have no interest in will lend itself to this. This brief guide will show you how to set up conditions that will allow you to hide or show additional questions based on the answer given to a preceding question.
Set Up Slides and Questions
Before you set up the rules for Conditional Questions, you must set up a Question Slide with the questions to be used in the question rule. Please note that the Condition Question (e.g. The question whose answer determines whether additional questions will be shown) must have defined answers. Answer types that may be used are Yes/No, Radio Group, Select Menu, and Single Check Box. Questions to be hidden/displayed based on the Condition Question may be of any answer type. You can use any combination of Product or Survey questions.
Conditional questions must be within the same Question Slide. You may have multiple Slides with conditions and multiple conditional questions within a single slide.
- On the Registration > Custom Questions tab, click on the Slide you would like to create conditions for and scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Click +Add Question Rule
- In the window that appears, select your Condition Question under the If the following question field.
- Specify the value that will cause further questions to be shown/hidden from the is answered with the following response field.
- Determine whether the question will cause subsequent questions to be shown or hidden in the then field.
If 'Display' is selected, the questions that follow will initially be hidden in the registration form. If 'Hide' is selected, the opposite is true.
- Select the question that should be displayed/hidden after the selected answer is given. If you'd like to display/hide more than one question, click the +Add Another button and select the next conditional question.
- When finished, click Complete & Save.
After completing the Question Rule, it will be displayed as shown below.