Event Series are an excellent way to drive registrations by offering discounts for multiple event registration. With the multi-event registration system offered through ChronoTrack Live, getting started is very easy.
Series registration was designed specifically to support quick registration of multiple events and allow for discounting. Thus, several features that are found at the event-level are unavailable through series registration. If your event is heavily dependent on these features, using the traditional single-event registration link may be best. Features not supported by default include:
- Conditional custom question logic
- Standard donation or t-shirt questions
- Registration Refund
- Coupons including Membership
- Emergency Contact Information
In order to set up Multi-Event Registration using an Event Series, you must have Event Director account access for the Organization under which the Events you want to place in the Series were created. If you do not have Event Director access, please contact email@example.com to get permissions set up.
Additionally, each Event that is to be used in the Series must be fully configured with all Registration aspects including Pricing, Waivers, and Custom Questions and must have a live Registration Form version BEFORE attempting to add it to the Series.
You can add additional Events to the Series or remove Events from a Series at any time.
Starting an Event Series
- Navigate to the My Orgs page and click the Event Series tab.
- Click the +Add New Event Series button.
- On the next screen, you will see a navigation bar that you can use to jump between steps in the Event Series creation process. This may be useful later in the creation process.
- Select the Organizer under which the events you would like to include in the series were created. At this time, you may only select one Organizer.
- Next, select a Payee for the Series. This Payee does not trump the Payees selected for the individual events, but is in place as a stop-gap in case of issues that might arise with the Payees selected on the event level.
- Enter a Series Title in the next field. Make sure it is adequately differentiated from the names of the Events in the Series.
- You can select a Date Format that will be used when athletes enter their date of birth for the event.
- After entering the Series Title, provide a Series Description.
- The next step is to enter a Waiver for the Series. This Waiver will be the ONLY waiver displayed in the registration process for the Events.
- Provide an Event Site URL for the Series. If possible, this should be for a website that is relevant to all events in the Series.
- Lastly, you can change the Header Image and Event Logo to your custom images for the Series.
- When finished making changes, click Save & Continue to Add Events
Add Events to the Series
The next page allows you to add individual Events to the Series. You can search Events using Name, Location, or Date. Check the box next to the Event heading if you'd like to add All Events and Races to the Series, or click the boxes for individual Events and choose which Races to include in the Series.
If you don't see a particular Event that you would like to add, it's likely because there is no live Registration Form version for that Event. Remember that each Event that is to be used in the Series must be fully configured with all Registration aspects including Pricing, Waivers, and Custom Questions and must have a live Registration Form version BEFORE attempting to add it to the Series.
When you are finished selecting Events and Races, click the Save & Continue to Pricing Info button.
Adding Pricing Info
You can choose a pricing structure based on the number of events selected for the series. Either require that participants sign up for All Events or define a Range or Events that athletes must sign up for.
There are three options under the All Events heading:
- No Discount is self-explanatory. No Discount will be applied to any registrations.
- Package Discount allows you to charge a flat fee for all Events in the Series. Enter the dollar amount for the Package Discount price. The package price is often less than the total of each event in the package. To determine how much each event gets, we look at the original price for each event and prorate the package cost. To calculate the service fee, we prorate the service fee based on overall amount paid to each event.
- Percentage Discount allows you to offer a fixed percentage off of each Event within the Series. Percentages are applied to the Events' individual price, then the Athlete pays the total cost of the added totals.
The Range of Events option allows you to define the minimum number of Events an athlete must register for in order to register for the series. Select the minimum number of events, then specify whether or not there will be a discount for multiple events.
If you choose to offer a Tiered Discount, you can specify number ranges of events on which to offer a discount. In the image below, two tiers have been added where athletes registering for 2 events will receive a discount of 20%, and athletes who register for 3 or 4 events will receive a 40% discount.
When you are finished setting up Pricing options, click Save & Continue to Create Questions
Adding Custom Questions
When creating an Event Series, Custom Questions will not be automatically pulled into the Series registration form. If you will be using Survey Questions to map Athletes in individual Events, you should still set up the Questions on the Event level so that the corresponding Question in the Series will be mapped to the correct values in the Event.
Though they are not available by default, remember that donation, t-shirt, team, and emergency contact information can be gathered using custom questions.
When a product is purchased at the series level, its cost is distributed equally among the events selected in the Slide.
! If Inventory Controls are being used on a custom question at an individual Event level, new controls will need to be set at a Series level which will control the inventory coming through the Series form only.
Custom Questions in an Event Series behave almost identically to Custom Questions on the event level with a couple of exceptions:
- When you add a Question Slide, the Select Events panel on the first screen will prompt you to select the individual Events and Races with which the Slide will be presented.
- When you are finished creating a Question, you are given the opportunity to have registrant responses to the question mapped to, and recorded within, questions that exist in the individual Events that are selected in the Question Slide. To Enable Mapping, check the Yes option, then select the Questions that correspond to the Series Question being created.
- Standard Free T-Shirt Question
- If you are mapping to the standard Free T-Shirt Question, the Value fields on Step 2 will need to be entered correctly to ensure they are recorded within the Free T-Shirt question. Use the Size - Value key below to ensure the values you enter match those programmed into the Free T-Shirt Question.
- If you are mapping to the standard Free T-Shirt Question, please make sure that the 'Answer Format' is a compatible format for the shirt options. Radio Group and Select Menu are the most commonly used. Answer Format is also important to make ensure that all answer options get linked back to the Individual Event correctly. Please contact support if you need question reviewed before opening to the public.
Please make sure that the Standard Shirt question is enabled on an Individual event level before mapping sizes. The Series form does not detect if the Standard Shirt question is enabled in the Individual event.
When you are finished adding Custom Questions, click Save & Push Live or use the navigation bar to edit other aspects of the Series.
Using and Editing Series Registration
When you complete Event Series setup, you will see a message displayed at the top of your Event Series list as shown below.
You can copy the link provided there to publish on your website and the Landing Page for a CT Live event via the Resources tab of the event's Event Properties. You can also find your Series link in your Series list.
If you need to edit a Series, you can click the Edit button to launch the Editor from the beginning or use the dropdown arrow to select a specific aspect of the Series. Remember to fully configure registration and release a Form before attempting to add an event to the Series.
To close registration for an Event Series, click the Archive button. The button will then display 'Push Live' if you would like to re-open registration for the series.
Series Registration will appear as shown below. An athlete may select the Events, then select the races in which they would like to participate.