Warning: WiFi signal also can be susceptible to interference from nearby objects and conflicting signals. A direct LAN connection is generally more reliable if feasible.
Looking for instructions on connecting a PRO2 via Ethernet? Click HERE
Looking for instructions on connecting via Wi-Fi to Stream to the Server? Click HERE
If your timing location will be in range of a reliable Wi-Fi network, or you'd like to connect the controller to a Wi-Fi hotspot so you can connect the PRO2 to a laptop via Wi-Fi instead of ethernet as it may work better for your setup in certain situations this guide will give you information on how to do that. This guide will walk you through connecting your Pro2 to a Wi-Fi network to where the PRO2 session can then be streamed using CCS Lite/ StreamManager or Fusion.
- Go to Settings > Network Adapters on your Pro2.
- After Selecting Wi-Fi from the list of Network Adapter, choose Edit on the Wi-Fi Adapter and then power on the Wi-Fi Adapter.
- Find the network you would like to connect to and choose Connect.
- Connect the Laptop to the same Wi-Fi network you have just connected to on the PRO2 in Step 3 above.
- In Windows, on the search at the bottom of your laptop screen, type in CMD to pull up Command Prompt.
- Once you have the Command Prompt window open type “ipconfig”. This will list the different network settings that are currently set on your laptop
- Notice under “Wireless Lan Adapter Wi-Fi” there is a setting titled “IPv4 address”. Note the address for your future reference.
On a Mac use Mac Terminal and type in "ipconfig getifaddr en0" to find the IP address of your Wi-Fi adapter
- Now back on controller with the address you have noted previously, go to RaceOps > Server Connection.
- Hit the + icon to add a new connection and set the connection type to Wi-Fi.
- Name the connection what you like. I named it “Launch Wi-Fi”.
- In the IP address field for this server connection, enter the IP address you noted from the "On Laptop" Step 4 above. This was the IPv4 address set on the Laptop for the “Wireless Lan Adapter Wi-Fi”.
- Once you have created this server connection, choose Connect.
- Open up Fusion or CCSLite.
- Filter by “locally stored sessions” in Fusion or in CCS Lite you should see the controller session appear below the line titled “raw”.
- You can select that session and then continue with these Launch Announcer Instructions from our KnowledgeBase if using a Launch Announcer Line.
- You are now connected to your controller session on your laptop.