If you are in a situation where an Athlete is missing their finish time, but you know their time, you can add a manual Tag read in the Athlete's Timing sub-tab.
Adding a Manual Tag Read
- Locate the Athlete on the Athletes tab, and click their Chrono ID to go to their Athlete page.
- Click the athlete's Timing sub-tab.
- Scroll down to the Course Setup section, and click the Edit button to enable edits.
- Click the green "Target" above the Timing Point where the new read should be inserted.
- In the window that appears, select the Timing Device the read will be assigned to, if you have multiple TDs assigned to that Timing Point. If you want the new Manual read to be validated over other reads, it's best to create the read on a device that's set to Priority 1.
- Now, select a Crossing Time type and input the time for the tag read.
Course Time From Athlete’s Start Read – this will best emulate a read based on chip time – e.g. the time since the athlete crossed the starting line.
Course Time from Actual Start – this will best emulate a read based on gun time – e.g. the time since the Gun Time.
Time of Day – this will emulate a read based on the entered time of day.
- When you're finished entering the time, click Complete & Save. The new tag read will appear beneath the Point with a Usage type of "NEW" and a Source type of "MANUAL".
- To finalize the Read, click the Save button.
- When you click Save, the page will refresh, and the new tag read will be put through CT Live's calculation engine. Once the calculation is complete, the new read should appear as Valid. Please note that you may need to refresh the page once the calculation finishes.
If you put a manual tag read in incorrectly, you can delete the tag read by clicking the Edit button again, then clicking the trash can icon next to the read. If you need to edit other tag reads to make sure your new read is valid for the Point, you can check out our guide HERE that shows how to edit existing reads.