Before you can connect your Pro Controller to the CCS Server via a cellular network, you must set the APN information for the cellular provider you are using.
Please note that this guide pertains only to BoxScore 1.26 and BoxScore 3.0.4 or lower. For instructions for BoxScore 3.0.9+ (TPC-31) click HERE.
Remember that you must use a data ONLY plan from a GSM carrier.
Finding APN Information
The first step to setting the APN information is finding the correct APN to use. A quick Google search of "(your carrier) data APN settings" should yield results. What you're looking for is the APN settings for the company's data-only or hot spot plan.
For the sake of simplicity, we've included the APN information for the major compatible US and Canadian carriers below.
Setting the Information
- From Modem Manager (Status > Upload > Modem/Show Modem), press Initialize Modem.
- Once the modem has initialized, you will see the Get network & Profile button appear at the bottom of the screen. Press it.
- Select Get APN to access the APN settings
- From the APN settings screen you can select which profile to view and edit from the drop down.
- For AT&T network SIM cards you will need the profile set to “att” and the APN set to “broadband”. You may also try isp.cingular.com. No user or password is necessary.
- For T Mobile Network SIM Cards your APN should be set to epc.tmobile.com, no user or password is necessary.
Altering the APN information will require the use of a USB keyboard!
- Be sure to select Set Profile, and Activate.