Custom Registration Forms allow for variants on the default registration form with their own unique graphics, reg choices, and Custom Questions. Custom Reg Forms allow for things such as company-specific forms, graphics, and custom questions for corporate type events, "secret" registrations that are only offered to specific people via e-mail or other avenues, and more. This guide will show you how to set up and configure Custom Registration Forms.
Enable and Set Up Reg Choices
Before you can use the feature, you have to enable it for your Event. This can be done as part of Event Creation or from the Other section of the Event Properties.
For best results, once you've enabled Custom Reg Forms, please configure the following before proceeding:
- Registration Choices - every choice that will be used as part of any of the CRFs
- Custom Questions - if you will have Questions that are specific to a single Custom Form, make sure to set up a Registration Choice that will be used for only that Form, such as for collecting employee numbers for a specific company, make sure to keep them separated into different slides that only apply to the correct Registration Choices.
Once you've set up these aspects of Registration, you can go to Registration tab, then the Custom Reg Forms tab which will be under the More tab. You can also reach the Custom Reg Forms page from the Event Overview tab by clicking the Custom Forms link.
Configure the Custom Forms
On the Custom Forms page, click the Add Registration Form button to start a new Form.
- In the window that appears, enter a Name for the new Form. This name will not appear to the athletes, but is just for your benefit.
- Next, enter a Tag to complete the Reg Form URL. This tag should be unique and descriptive of the form itself.
- Now select which Reg Choice(s) to include in the Form. Use the +Add Another link to add and select additional Reg Choices.
- Now upload a Header Graphic for the Form, if you'd like it to have its own unique Header Image. If you don't upload a Header Graphic here, the Form will use whatever graphic is being used on the Registration > Graphics tab.
- Next, you can choose to check the Set As Default box to direct users to this Form when they follow the default Registration link.
Since every Reg Choice you set up will be visible on the default Registration Form, setting a pared down Form as the default may be useful in situations where some Reg Choices are "secret" because they are specific to a certain company, organization, etc.
- Finally, you can choose to specify a Custom Open Time for registration. To use this feature, check the box and then supply a date and time in the Set Time field. If you use this feature, any athletes who visit the form before the reg choice opens will see a message telling them at what time registration will open.
- Click Complete & Save when you're finished with your changes.
Now, repeat the process above for each Form you'd like to make.
Once the Reg Forms are complete, they will appear as shown below. You can click the Tag link to open each Form. You can also Delete or Edit each Form. Please note that Reg Forms cannot be deleted once an athlete has registered using the Form.
Once you've set up all your Reg Forms, you can publish the individual links. As athletes register using the Forms, you can view athletes who have registered in each Form by using the Confirmed Entries report. If you need to view only athletes who have registered using a single Form, you can Filter the Confirmed Entries Report by Custom Reg Form under the Select & Filter Entries section.