Enabling groups allows athletes to create and join Groups during registration and view and manage their Group in their Athlete Profile. Event Directors can manage Groups and view reporting on Groups within the event.
Unlike Teams, Groups have no impact on scoring and athletes may join the same Group regardless of their race or registration choice. Thus, Groups are best used when you want a flexible way for athletes to represent as a social group (Eg: custom bibs for an organization). Please note that Group payments are not currently available, but it is a planned feature.
This guide will show you how to use the Group feature of Registration.
Enabling and Configuring Groups
- To enable Groups in your CT Live event, go to the Event tab of your event, then click the Event Properties button
- Select Other from the dropdown, then check the Groups option from the ChonoTrack Live Services section
- Click Save & Close
- Click the Registration tab, hover your mouse pointer over the More tab, and select the Groups option
- Click the Configuration tab, and select Yes next to the Enable Groups Slide field.
- Next, select the Reg Choices with which you would like to allow Group creation.
- You can also Enable Group Admin which allows Group Captains to remove or invite members within their Group from their CT Live profile.
- Finally, you can Enable Group Passwords. When a Group is created in the Registration Form, athletes will be given the opportunity to set a Group Password. If a password is ever forgotten, it can be reset from the Group Page.
- Click Save to finalize any changes. Remember to release a new Registration Form version after making changes to Group settings.
Within registration, the Groups slide will appear similarly to the Teams slide. Registrants are given the choice to Register as an individual, join an existing Group or Create a new group.
Editing and Adding Athletes to Groups
Any created Groups can be searched and managed from the Search section of the Groups tab. You can also add a new Group, set the Group Password, and select the Group's members. Each Group is assigned a Group ID number. However, Athletes may not currently be mapped to Groups via Athlete Import.
Clicking a Group's Name or Group ID will take you to a page where you can view, add, or remove members and rename or delete the Group. You can also view or set the Group's password from this screen.
If you need to add multiple Athletes to a Group manually, using the Find an Athlete field is the fastest way to add athletes to a Group.
Adding an Athlete to a Group from the Athlete's Page
You can add individual athletes to existing Groups from an Athlete's Race tab. On the race tab, locate the In Group heading, and use the dropdown to search for and select the Group to which you would like to assign the athlete.
Once you've selected a Group, click Save at the bottom of the page to save the change. Once the athlete is in the Group, you can use the View Group button to that Group's page on the Registration > Groups tab.
Groups in Reports
In the Confirmed Entries report, you can now select the Group Name field as a displayed field. This can be found in the Teams section when editing the report.
In addition to the new entry in the Confirmed Entries report, there is a new Standard/Groups report that shows every individual entry that is part of a Group. In addition to Group Name, Captain Name, First and Last Name, and e-mail address, you can have the report display each participant's Custom Question answers, Shirt Size selection, Standard Donation selection, and Coupon codes used.
Since this report contains each Group member's e-mail address, you can easily use the report to make an e-mail recipient list that contains only athletes in Groups.