If your timing location will be in range of a reliable WiFi network, or you'd like to connect the controller to a WiFi hotspot through a non-GSM carrier, you can use the controller's built-in WiFi modem to connect it to the internet through WiFi. This guide will walk you through connecting your Pro2 to a WiFi network.
The hotspot's netmask MUST be 255.255.255.0 instead of the normal .252.0 ending.
- Make sure the router/hotspot is powered on and broadcasting the WiFi network.
- Now, from the Settings > Network Adapters screen, tap the WiFi adapter entry and press Edit.
- On the following screen, if the WiFi adapter isn't already powered on, tap the toggle to power it. Next, locate the router/hotspot WiFi network in the list on the left, tap it to highlight it, then press Connect.
- In the small window that appears, supply the password for the network by tapping inside the Password field and then using the on-screen keyboard. Press Save when you're done entering the password.
- Now, click Join in the pop-up window.
- The Status field should show "Connected" after about 10-30 seconds and the WiFi symbol in the bar at the top of the screen should no longer have a slash through it.
Add a Server Connection and Connect
- Now, the final step is to connect the controller to the ChronoTrack server. To do this, go to the Race Ops > Server Connection screen.
- You'll need to add a server option by pressing the + button under the server list frame.
- In the window that appears, select the WIFI type, then give the connection a Name, and then enter the primary ChronoTrack server IP address as shown below. Click Add when finished.
- Now, highlight the new Server Connection by tapping it, then press Connect. After a few moments, you should see the Status change to "Connected", and the cloud icon will no longer have a slash through it.
Every step in this guide up to this point only needs to be completed once. Each additional time you want to connect the controller to the internet with the SAME WiFi hotspot, you should only need to press Connect on the WiFi Server connection. If you're using a different hotspot, you should follow the process from the Add a WiFi Connection step.
Your controller should now connected to the server. Please be aware that lots of WiFi hotspots have a finite amount of battery life, so if possible, connect the hotspot to the controller's USB ports for power so that it doesn't shut off before the race is over.