When you are using a gatorless split, you may not be able to run ethernet cable across your course to network your Pro controllers. If you use a pair of mobile routers, you can emulate a hard line connection via WiFi. This guide will walk you through the process of configuring a pair of TP-Link TL-WR802N routers to allow Pro controllers to share data wirelessly.
If you're intending to configure multiple different pairs, we suggest you mark them clearly so that the pairs don't become mixed up.
Before you get started, please download the file at the bottom of this article and unzip it onto your desktop for easy access. It contains the configuration files for both the Main and the Client TP-Links.
Configuring the Routers
Start with the Main configuration file. Once the file has been loaded, keep that TP-Link powered on while you configure the Client router.
- Supply power to the Router and connect to the router's WiFi network. Make sure that your computer's WiFi adapter is not set with a static IP address. You can find the network SSID and WiFi password on a card that came with your router packaging.
- Open a web browser and type tplinkwifi.net into the address bar and press Enter. If you get an error message on the first attempt, wait 30 seconds, then try again. If you still get an error, try a few more times, then make sure your computer's WiFi adapter is set to DHCP.
- You should see a login form similar to what is shown below. The login information is admin for both the User and Password fields.
- When you've entered the login information, you will be directed to the main page of the admin interface. Click the System Tools menu item, then the Backup & Restore option.
- Click the Choose File button and browse your computer for the appropriate .upg file you downloaded from the bottom of this article. Click Restore once you've selected the file.
- You will see a status bar for ~30 seconds as the router reboots. When the reboot is complete, the configuration is complete.
To log back into the routers, use their new IP addresses. The Main IP will be 172.20.23.2 and the Client will be 172.20.23.3. The username and password are still admin.
Once you're done configuring the Main router, leave the Main powered on and then repeat the process for the Client router.
Now test the routers with two Pro controllers to confirm configuration.