In ChronoTrack Live, there are a variety of Roles that can be assigned to users. These Roles are a way to give or limit control over events with which users are associated. If you have the Can Admin Users permission for your timing organization, you will have the ability to add users to ChronoTrack Live and give them permissions within the events in your organization.
If you need any of the below Roles added to your account, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (US) or email@example.com (EU) with the Organizer or Event you need the correct access to.
The 'Can Admin Users' role can ONLY be assigned by ChronoTrack staff.
- Timer – able to create new events and edit events with which the user is already associated. The Timer has access to modify most aspects of an Event. Timers cannot access any financially-related features, reports, or data.
- Event Director – able to create new events and edit events with which the user is already associated. The Director can view most reports including financial reports and has access to modify all non-scoring aspects of the event.
- Photographer – able to upload photos to events with which the user is associated and view some photo-related reports.
A Photographer may not sync photos.
- Timer Support – "Timer Lite". Able to view and edit athletes (can’t import), scoring, media, and reports (except financial reports).
- Event Support – "Event Director Lite". Able to create events and view and edit registration (can’t import/export), athletes, and reports (except financial reports).
- Developer - able to use the API to pull information from events in CT Live.
- Can Admin Users - allows you to add users to CT Live and assign Roles
- 3rd Party Reports - allows access to reports in events where reports are marked as '3rd Party Available. For more on 3rd party reports, click HERE.
Receiving and Giving Roles
When you first begin using ChronoTrack Live, you have to be given a Role by ChronoTrack staff. Typically this will be either Timer or Event Director, but may often be both if you own and time your own events. Additional roles can be assigned as needed. Once you've been assigned the Can Admin Users role, you can Add and Manage Users.