On an Athlete's or Team's Race tab, you can adjust an accepted read by altering the read's Type.
There are two main instances in which you may need to change a read's type:
- To Force a tag's read will supersede the current valid read. This read type should not be used when creating a manual tag read.
- To Skip a tag read will cause it not to be calculated with the other reads. This read type should not be used when creating a manual tag read.
You may also specify an existing tag read as New. This will cause the system to treat the tag read as unprocessed and recalculate it, but this typically won't change which reads are getting validated/invalidated.
Change a Read’s Type
- Locate the Athlete on the Athletes tab, and click their Chrono ID to go to their Athlete page.
- Click the athlete's Timing sub-tab.
- Scroll down to the Course Setup section, and click the Edit button to enable edits.
- Each read will now appear with three buttons next to them.
- Select S to Skip the tag read. This will keep the read from being considered valid when results are calculated.
Select F to Force a tag read to be taken as the Accepted read – the read from which an Athlete’s time for that given Point will be calculated.
Select N to set the read as a New unprocessed read to be recalculated. You can also use the Rescore Athlete button to set all reads as New.
- If your Race has a lot of Timing Points, some read frames may overlap as shown above. To "focus" in on the read frame for a particular point, click the Point Name above the gree "target" for that Point.
If all of the Points don't fit in the Course Setup area, you can use the scroll bar at the bottom to see the other Points.
- When you're done making edits to tag reads, click the Save button. All tag reads associated with the Athlete or Team should now recalculate to incorporate the changes you made. No tag reads will be displayed for that athlete until a re-score has successfully occurred.