This article is no longer relevant for new events since the Point creation and Interval creation processes have been combined. Please see that article HERE. If you have an existing event with Timing Points for which there are no Intervals, you can use this article as a guide for creating corresponding Intervals.
Intervals are used to define Scoring segments within the course, pace information, and how Online Results are shown.
By default, there is always one Interval in any given Race – the Full Course Interval. When there are multiple Points within the Race that you would like to be scored, you MUST create an Interval Association for each section.
Create a New Interval
- Click the + Interval button next to the Intervals heading. This will open the Create Interval window.
- Enter an Interval Name. This can contain any combination of letters, numbers, and special characters.
The Interval names you assign here will be displayed on Online Results, provided Online Results are enabled for the Interval.
- Select an Interval Type. The options are Course or Split. Course Intervals MUST start at the Start Point. Split Intervals are for internal Points.
- Select an Interval Race Type. Choices include Run, Swim, Bike, Obstacle, or Other.
- If you would like the interval to be used to calculate Results, check the Wants Ranking box.
- If you would like the Interval to appear in Online Results, check the Publish Results box.
- If you would like Athlete Updates to be triggered by the interval, check the Use for Athlete Updates Wants Ranking must be checked to enable this feature.
- Define a Start Timing Point and End Timing Point for the Interval.
- Define a Pace Unit to be used to define default, slow, and fast paces. Defining a Pace Unit and times allows the Unrealistic Pace report to collect data from Athletes for that interval. If you would not like to use this feature, set the Pace Unit value to None.
- Enter a numerical value into the Default Pace, Fast Pace, and Slow Pace boxes based on the time denomination selected above.
- When you are finished, click Complete & Save.
Once you have finalized the creation of the Interval, the page will refresh automatically, and the new Interval will appear in the Intervals section.
Intervals may be edited at any time by clicking on the gray Interval bar or clicking the arrow on the right of the + Interval button. From the Edit [Interval Name] Interval window, you may Remove the selected interval by clicking the Remove button at the bottom of the window and clicking Remove on the confirmation dialogue box.