Intervals are used to define Scoring segments within the course, pace information, and how Online Results are shown.
By default, there is always one Interval in any given Race – the Full Course Interval. When there are multiple Points within a Race, creating a new Interval is part of the Point creation process, but these Intervals are Course type intervals which means that they begin at the Start Point and end at some internal Point. If you want to show paces for each consecutive pair of Split Points as well, you can use the process in this guide to add additional Intervals.
Create a New Interval
- Click the + Interval button next to the Intervals heading. This will open the Create Interval window.
- Enter an Interval Name. This can contain any combination of letters, numbers, and special characters.
The Interval names you assign here will be displayed on Online Results, provided Online Results are enabled for the Interval.
- Select an Interval Type. The options are Course or Split. Course Intervals MUST start at the Start Point. Split Intervals are for internal Points.
- Select an Interval Race Type. Choices include Run, Swim, Bike, Obstacle, or Other.
- If you would like the interval to be used to calculate Results, check the Wants Ranking box.
- If you would like the Interval to appear in Online Results, check the Publish Results box.
- If you would like Athlete Updates to be triggered by the interval, check the Use for Athlete Updates Wants Ranking must be checked to enable this feature.
- Define a Start Timing Point and End Timing Point for the Interval.
- Define a Pace Unit to be used to define default, slow, and fast paces and to show athlete paces in online results. Defining a Pace Unit allows the Unrealistic Pace and Interval Pace reports to show data for that interval. If you would not like to use this feature, you can leave the Pace Unit value at None.
- When you are finished, click Complete & Save.
Once you have finalized the creation of the Interval, the page will refresh automatically, and the new Interval will appear in the Intervals section.
Intervals may be edited at any time by clicking on the gray Interval bar or clicking the arrow on the right of the + Interval button. From the Edit [Interval Name] Interval window, you may Remove the selected interval by clicking the Remove button at the bottom of the window and clicking Remove on the confirmation dialogue box.