This guide brings together a selection of other relevant guides from the Knowledge Base to provide a clear Start-to-Finish outline of what it takes to set up and score a Team Race in ChronoTrack Live. The relevant articles for each step of the process are linked in bold. If you aren't sure how to do any one of the steps below, simply click the link for the topic you are unsure of to learn about it.
- Create an Event in ChronoTrack Live, and add any Races that will be taking place as part of the Event. Make sure to select "Allows Teams" when creating any team Races.
- Configure your Registration Choices and set up Pricing and Waivers (if you are using Ct Live Registration. Be sure to select the correct Team Type when you're setting up the Reg Choices.
- Make sure to follow all steps in the Enable and Configure Teams article. (Team preferences, Reg Brackets, Scoring Brackets, etc.)
- If you're doing a Relay event with laps, configure your Course for Laps. If not, use the standard Course Configuration procedure.
- Set up Scoring Brackets and Bracket Rules for your relay Reg Brackets (if any).
- Set the Double-Dipping policy for Awards.
- If you are scoring Aggregate teams, configure the Aggregate Teams report to your needs (e.g. Set depth, required finishers to be scored, etc) This report should have automatically been added to your Event. It will be displayed as simply 'Aggregate Teams'.
- If you are scoring Relay Teams, configure the standard Awards Report with your preferences. This report should have automatically been added to your Event. It will be displayed as '*Your Relay Race Name* Awards'.
- If you are scoring Relay Teams, configure the Online Results Options.
- If you are not using ChronoTrack Live for Athlete or Team Registration, Import the Teams, and then Import Team Members.
- Use the Data Checks feature on the Scoring > Checks tab to make sure your Athlete and Team data is accurate and free of errors.
- On race day, Stream your Data to the Event using your preferred method, and apply the Gun Time to the Race.
- Make sure to keep an eye on the Console to monitor tag reads as they come into the system.
- If you need to Withdraw or Disqualify any Athletes or Teams, make sure to do those promptly to avoid confusion in Results.
- Print off Awards Reports for Relays, the Aggregate Teams report for aggregate teams, and Overall Results for the Race Director, if needed.
- Make sure to have a back up method for identifying winners such as a camera with a race clock in the frame or a couple volunteers writing down bib numbers and times.