This brief guide will walk you through the process of setting up a Registration Choice. Before we begin, let's clarify the difference between a Race and a Registration Choice.
Races are defined as the actual, separate distances that get scored individually.
Example: You are having both a Half Marathon and Half Marathon Relay at your event. While both of these are the same distance, if you want to have the results of each of these scored and shown separately, you would create them as separate races.
Registration Choices are the different registration options available for the races within your event. Multiple Registration Choices may exist for the same Race with differences in price, team policy, etc. The names of these Choices are what is displayed on the first screen of the registration form.
Once your races are set up, there will automatically be a corresponding registration choice created for each race. If you need to edit the registration choice title, open and close dates, maximum entrants, you can do so by clicking the Edit button next to each choice.
The process below represents the most basic registration choice setup and does not include Team elements, Lottery settings, and some features of Reg Classes. For more on any of these topics, click the blue linked words above.
Adding a New Registration Choice
If you want to add another registration choice for participants to choose from, you can do that very easily under the Choices tab.
- First, click on the +Add Registration Choice tab.
- Enter a Registration Choice Name. This is what the athletes will see when they access the registration form, so make it as clear as possible.
- Select the Race(s) with which the Registration Choice will be associated. You may choose to have a Registration Choice map to multiple races at the same time.
Setting a Registration Choice to map athletes to multiple Races will create duplicate entries in your event. Do not associate a single Registration Choice to multiple different Races unless you intend to allow athletes to participate in multiple different Races in your event.
- When adding a registration choice, you can set a Min Age and Max Age for that registration choice if you would like to limit the demographics that can register using a particular Registration Choice. (Senior Discount, College Student, etc)
- If you'd like to restrict the Reg Choice to only a specific gender, select Only women or Only men
- If teams have been enabled for one of your Races and you are allowing teams for this registration choice, you can select if you want the teams to be Relay or Aggregate. For more on configuring Team settings, click HERE.
- Specify the Registration Choice close time. Registration choices will close at 11:59:59pm on the date selected.
- Enter a number of Max Entrants that will be allowed to enter the Event using this Registration Choice. If you enter a number of Max Entrants, the registration choice will close as soon as the limit has been reached.
- Next, choose whether or not to Enable Extended Registration. This option allows you to generate coupon codes that allow athletes to register for a specific choice after its Max Entrants limit has been reached. For more on this, click HERE.
- Now, select the Pricing Tier Type. This will determine when pricing tiers change. For more on this, click HERE.
- Finally, select a Reg Class if you would like to sort the Reg Choice into a Class you have previously set up in the My Orgs page. For more information on using Reg Classes, click HERE.
- When finished, click Save & Close.
Once you've set created the Registration choice, you can move on to Setting up Pricing
You can have up to 10 registration choices. If you need to have more than 10, contact email@example.com (US) or firstname.lastname@example.org (EU)