Gun Starts and Markers are features of ChronoTrack Controllers you will likely use a lot.
Gun Starts are time stamps in the data that you can use to sort and filter tag reads and use to determine the actual start time of you race in CT Live and other scoring software.
Markers are the separating line between separate Sessions of data in a data file. Creating a marker separates the reads that were collected before the marker from those collected after. This is useful for scenarios such as when there is a common Start and Finish line.
Creating a Gun Start or a Marker in BoxScore 1.26 is very simple. Just press the corresponding button on the main screen. After pressing either one, you will see a message above the Gun Start button that says "Gun/Marker at HH:MM:SS:TH" as shown below.
Creating a Gun Start or Marker in BoxScore 3 is slightly more complicated than with BoxScore 1.26, but the trade-off is greater control over what happens when you trigger either one. BoxScore 3 classifies Markers and Gun Starts together, so the same process is used to create either one.
To Create a Gun Start or Marker
- Press the Markers button on the lower right side of the screen.
- On the Markers screen, select the Marker Type, whether Gun Start or Manual (Marker) using the dropdown.
- Select how you would like the Marker/Gun Start to be applied to any networked controllers. You may select from All Networked, This Point Only, or This Controller Only.
• All Networked will send the Gun/Marker to any controllers that are currently networked to the one you are using.
• This Point Only will send the Gun/Marker to any networked controllers with the same Point name as the one you are using.
- You may choose to clear the tag counts on the main screen when you create the marker by selecting Yes next to the Zero Counts with Markers field.
- Finally, create the Gun/Marker by pressing the Create Marker button. You will see a confirmation that says "Created Gun/Manual/Clear at HH:MM:SS.TH".