If you would like to add Participants to your Event in Athlinks, you can follow this guide. This is a simple process consisting of selecting a Participant file, mapping columns, and confirming the accuracy of the data.
Please note that uploading a Participant file is NOT required to publish results in Athlinks.
You will need to be logged into your Athlinks Company to complete the below process. If you do not yet have access to a Compnay in Athlinks, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (US) or email@example.com (EU) to get an account set up.
Uploading a Participant List
- Navigate to your Event in Athlinks
- Click the Upload button under the Start List heading for the Race you want to import Athletes into.
- On the next screen, click Choose File and locate the Participant file on your computer. The file can be Fixed Width, HTML Table, Tab-separated, or Comma-separated.
Alternatively, you can click the Paste Text tab and paste copied text in any of the above formats into the field below.
- Select the File format of the file you're uploading, then click Upload & Define Columns.
- On the next page, you must map the various columns to their correct values within Athlinks. You will see a snippet of the file you're uploading that can be used to select the correct values. You can also click Show Header to show the Header Row of your file if that will be helpful in identifying the data.
The minimum required information is First Name, Last Name, and Key (3rd Party ID). We suggest that you provide age and gender information as well. Columns may be ignored and left out of the upload by leaving the selection on N/A.
If uploading Date of Birth for Participants, make sure the dates are in full mm/dd/yyyy format.
- After you have mapped each of the values, click Preview Participants.
- On the next screen, verify that all information is appearing for the preview rows and columns, then click Save Participants.
- You will see a confirmation box like the one below. Click Save Participants.
- After the upload is complete, you will see the following message. If there are more Athletes to add to that Course, click Add More. Otherwise, click No.
- After clicking No, you will be redirected to your Event overview. Notice that there is now an athlete count next to the Race, and an option to Delete the entrants.
If necessary, repeat the above steps for each Course in your Event.