Sometimes you may discover that you need to merge two different Events or Master Events. It's a good idea to merge any duplicates you find so that Athletes don't become confused by multiple events and miss out on claiming results.
Before you can merge Individual events, you have to have both of those events under the same Master event. If both events belong to their own Master, you'll have to have both events under the same Master event. If it's possible to merge the Master events together, follow the instructions below. If the Masters need to remain separate so that events don't get paired together when they shouldn't, follow the steps to unlink an event to link it to a different Master found in THIS ARTICLE, then follow the instructions for Merging Events at the bottom of this article.
Merge Two Master Events
- Go to the Master Dashboard of one of the Master events.
- Click the Suggest More button.
- In the window that appears, if both Masters you want to merge show up here, click the check boxes for the Master events you want to merge, then click the blue Compare link. Skip to step 6 below.
If both Master events DIDN'T show up in this window, continue to Step 4.
- If both Masters you want to merge don't appear in the window, just click the Compare link. The URL in your browser's address bar will look something like this:
- In a new tab, go to the Master Event dashboard of the other Master to be merged and copy its ID number, then paste it at the end of the URL of the other Master and press Enter.
- On the next screen, check the round Radio button for the event you want to remain the Master, then check the checkbox for the Master that is to be merged into it.
If there are Athlinks members who have RSVPd to an event in one of the Master events, and you would like to maintain the Start List, make sure that you merge INTO that Master by selecting its Radio button.
- Click the Merge button. You may not receive any visual indication that the events have been merged. Simply navigate back to the "main" Master event's Dashboard. You should not see both events listed.
- Check the Radio button for the event you would like to KEEP, then check the checkbox for the event to be merged into the other.
If there are Athlinks members who have RSVPd to one of the events and you would like to maintain the Start List, make sure that you merge INTO that event by selecting its Radio button.
- Click Merge.
- The page will refresh, and the second Event will disappear. You will see the courses from both Events listed together.
At this point, you may need to delete duplicate courses. To find out how to do this, click HERE.