This process is to be used only when the data from a controller's data cannot be accessed in any other way. A Raw Reader Dump will reboot the reader, so there is only one chance to recover the tag data.
If your Pro Series or MiniTrack Controllers ever become unresponsive during a race, it is best NOT to turn the controller off. Doing so may cause any collected data to be lost. Instead, you should leave the controller on until after the race is over and all data is collected, and then perform a raw reader dump using the steps in this article.
Please bear a few things in mind:
- In order to successfully retrieve tag data using a Raw Reader Dump, your controller must not have been powered down between the time of data collection and the time of the reader dump.
- Once the raw reader dump command is sent to any reader, from that point on, that reader will no longer collect tag data until the controller has been rebooted. Raw reader dumps should be done after all the needed data has been collected.
- You should only perform a raw Reader Dump in the event of a controller's interface becoming completely unresponsive.
- Ensure all possible race reads have been collected (i.e. make sure the event is over).
- Disconnect all antennas from the controller.
- Connect a network cable from your PC to the controller and make sure that your PC is on the same LAN network as the Pro (Use 172.20.23.x where x is any number between 2 and 49)
Dump the Readers
- Open Fusion and click the Controller Utilities wrench icon.
- You may or may not see anything in the Controllers section. Click the DUMP ALL READERS button.
- The button will show a spinning circle, then a message will appear at the bottom of the window when the reader dump is complete.
- When you see the "Raw Reader Dump Complete" message, click the Streams tab and then use the Filters dropdown to enter "raw" as the Point name filter.
- The data dumped from the readers should appear in the Sessions panel with RAWEVENT as the event name and RAWPOINT as the point name.
- Drag the raw session into a new Stream, apply any Filters and Adjustments required, then Play the data to CT Live or another Output destination as you would for a normal data Stream.