We've introduced the ability to print results with a receipt printer directly from the Athlinks Onsite results page. This article will explain how to set up and use your printer and offer an FAQ for usage. Click HERE to jump to our approved Printer information.
For a video of this process, click HERE.
Windows computers are not currently supported. You must use a Chromebook or Mac running Google Chrome for results printing.
Set Up and Test
- Supply power to your printer and use the USB cable to connect it to the device athletes will be using to view their results.
- Ensure the printer has paper correctly installed.
- Open Google Chrome, navigate to your CT Live event's Dashboard, and click the Athlinks Onsite With Printer Support (Beta) link to launch the printer-supported results page.
- Click the printer icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- In the window that appears, click the Connect Printer button.
- A popup will appear in your browser with a list of devices. Click your printer in the list to highlight it, then click Connect.
- You should now be able to click the Test Print button. A test result should print instantly when you click the button. If the test print was successful, you're ready to go.
To print actual results, simply search for an athlete by Bib or Name, then use the PRINT RESULT button to instantly print.
Q: Why doesn't my printer appear in the list of devices when I click Connect Printer?
A: Make sure your printer is powered on AND connected via the supplied USB cable to the computer you're using for results printing. The recommended printer should show up as "TM-T20II". Be sure the "Error" or "Paper" LEDs aren't lit. Refer to the printer's user manual if you're not able to resolve errors.
Q: The printer shows as connected, why won't it print?
A: Make sure paper is properly loaded into the printer. If results still won't print, try disconnecting and reconnecting the printer's USB plug. If necessary, repeat steps 5 and 6 above after reconnecting. You may also need to remove all approved USB devices by clicking the X next to each in Chrome's USB modal as shown in the image below.
Recommended Receipt Printer
We currently recommend the Epson TM-T20II printer which can be found on Amazon or other online marketplaces. We cannot guarantee performance with any other printer model.
Please ensure that you purchase plenty of compatible Receipt Paper for your printer! Receipt paper width for the Epson model listed above should be 3-1/8".