Enter the Information
Before you can transmit data from SimpleClient to an internet or local-based scoring program, you must first configure the Direct Socket Out details. This provides Simple Client with a destination address to which it should send data.
- Click the Direct Socket Out menu item
- Click Connection 1, 2, or 3.
Connection 1/2/3 – opens the Socket Out Details window.
- Specify the timing Protocol Mode (default is ChronoTrack CTP01)
- Specify a Hostname. For ChronoTrack, this should be raceday.chronotrack.com
- Now specify a TCP Port. For ChronoTrack this should be 20201
- Next, specify a User name and Password if these are required by your timing software. None are required for ChronoTrack.
- You can also Test the connection. If a test is successful, you should see a success message. If the test receives an error, check your settings and internet connectivity and try again.
- Once you are finished entering all information, check the Activate Connection box.
- Click Ok.
Save the Configuration
If the information you entered is for a scoring platform you use often, we suggest saving the Configuration of SimpleClient to avoid having to re-enter the information every time you open the program.
To do this:
- Click File > Save Configuration
- Overwrite the existing SimpleClient file in the window that appears.