Gun Starts and Markers are features of ChronoTrack Controllers you'll likely use a lot. Before you use these features, make sure you know the difference between them.
Gun Starts are time stamps in the data that you can use to sort and filter tag reads and use to determine the actual start time of you race. Gun Starts do not affect the structure of data files in any way.
Markers are the separating line between separate Sessions of data in a data file. Creating a marker separates the reads that were collected before the marker from those collected after. This is useful for scenarios such as when there is a common Start and Finish line.
Zero Counts reduces the Unique and Total counts on your controller's main screen to 0. It also acts like a "light marker" in that it doesn't create a new session, but keeps all data in the same session while hiding tags prior to the zero counts from being streamed in the Middleware. You can choose to ignore zero counts markers in the Middleware to stream all tags.
The Pro2 has a physical Gun Start button on the left side of the control mesa that will immediately create a Gun Start when pressed. However, you can also create a Gun Start through ChronOS if you'd like to Clear Counts with the gun start or select whether the Gun Start is broadcast to other controllers.
Creating a Gun Start/Marker
- From the home screen of ChronOS, press either the Gun Start or Marker panel. This will take you to the Race Ops > Tags and Markers > Markers screen.
- On the next screen, tap the type of Marker you'd like to create, whether Gun Start, Manual, or Zero Counts.
- If you're making a Gun Start or Marker, you can turn Clear Counts on or off depending on whether or not you'd like to also trigger a Zero Counts when you create the Marker/Gun Start. You can also click Change next to the Send To field to determine whether the Marker will be sent to All Networked controllers, only controllers that share the same Point name ("This Point Only"), or only the controller you're using ("This Controller Only").
- When you're ready, click Create Marker. A message will appear at the bottom of the screen indicating success and the type of Marker created.
- The main screen of ChronOS will show the last Marker and Gun Start created. You can view all created Markers and Gun Starts from the Notifications menu as well.