Gun Starts and Markers are features of ChronoTrack Controllers you will likely use a lot.
Gun Starts are time stamps in the data that you can use to sort and filter tag reads and use to determine the actual start time of you race.
Markers are the separating line between separate Sessions of data in a data file. Creating a marker separates the reads that were collected before the marker from those collected after. This is useful for scenarios such as when there is a common Start and Finish line.
The Pro2 has a physical Gun Start button on the left side of the control mesa that will immediately create a Gun Start when pressed. However, you can also create a Gun Start through ChronOS if you'd like to Clear Counts with the gun start or select whether the Gun Start is broadcast to other controllers.
Creating a Gun Start/Marker
- From any screen in ChronOS, press the Race Ops button, then select the Marker option.
- On the next screen, tap the type of Marker you'd like to create, whether Gun Start or Marker.
- Now, you can turn Clear Counts on or off depending on whether or not you'd like to zero out the tag counts on the main screen of ChronOS when you create the Marker/Gun Start.
If you would just like to Zero Counts on the controller without creating a new data session, select Zero Counts and click Create Marker.
You can also click Change next to the Send To field to determine whether the Marker will be sent to All Networked controllers, only controllers that share the same Point name ("This Point Only"), or only the controller you're using ("This Controller Only").
- When you're ready, click Create Marker. A message will appear at the bottom of the screen indicating success and the type of Marker created.
- The main screen of ChronOS will show the last Marker and Gun Start created. You can view all created Markers and Gun Starts from the Notifications menu as well.