The latest version of firmware was released on November 13, 2015. If you have not updated your printer's firmware since then, we recommend you do so at the earliest opportunity.
This document describes the firmware update procedure for the RZ600 Printer. The update primarily applies to printers running firmware v53.16.5B. The new firmware (v53.17.22Z) allows the printer to report the RFID transponder position and verify the accuracy of B-Tag encoding as well as applying a few other updates and fixes.
For full release notes, click HERE.
- Download the RZ600_Firmware_531722Z.zip file from the Downloads section at the end of this guide.
- Unzip the file to a location on a PC that is able to connect to the printer. Two files should exist in unzipped folder: zdownloader-30128.exe and V53.17.22Z.zpl
- Power on the printer and verify it is in the “PRINTER READY” state. Also make sure your PC is connected to the printer via a network cable.
- Double click on the zdownloader-30128.exe file and install the program on the PC. Accept the default prompts during installation.
- If using Windows XP, Vista, or 7 click on Start > Programs > ZebraLink > Firmware Download > Firmware Downloader.
If using Windows 8, 8.1, or 10, open the Start menu and begin typing Firmware Downloader. Click the Firmware Downloader result.
The following form should appear:
- Right click anywhere in the large white space and select Add Printer…
The following dialog should appear:
Change the Communication Type to Network and enter the IP address of the printer.
Click OK once this is done.
- The Printer should now appear in the form.
- Select the printer, right click, and select Select Firmware File from the list of choices. A file selection window should appear.
- Within the window, navigate to the location of the unzipped RZ600_Firmware_531722Z.zip folder, select the V53.17.22Z.zpl file and click the Open button.
- The file should now appear associated with printer similarly to what is shown below:
- Right click on the printer and select Download to Selected. The download status should show progress and the console on the printer should have a message indicating that the firmware is being downloaded.
- The firmware update should complete in approximately 5-10 minutes. The printer will reboot and configuration will print on tags. If the printer console indicates “PRINTER READY”, the printer should be ready to go. Previous settings should also be maintained.