On occasion, it may be necessary to perform an RFID calibration on your printer. Before performing this procedure, you should have tags loaded into the printer with one tag directly in front of the print head so that it is nearly but not quite under the edge, as shown below.
Perform the Calibration
- Remove the tag nearest to the print head from the backing. This is not necessary for D-Tags.
- Press SETUP/EXIT, then press the - key 9 times until RFID TAG CALIB is displayed.
- Press SELECT. You will be prompted for the printer password. The password is 1234. Use the + key to cycle the numbers up and the - key to move the cursor to the digit. Press SELECT once the password is entered.
- Press the + button to select RUN
- The RFID calibration will take about 15-20 seconds as a tag is slowly fed through while the printer takes measurements, locating the chip within the tag as accurately as possible.
- Once the calibration is complete, press SETUP/EXIT two times, making sure that SAVE PERMANENT is selected before you press it the second time.
- You may now proceed with printing.