This document describes the printer reset procedure for the RZ-600 model. These steps can be used to address a number of conditions, including:
- When switching from one tag type to another (e.g. dual B-Tag to single B-Tag).
- When the printer persistently displays ERROR CONDITION PAPER OUT.
- Intermittent voiding of tags.
- The Printer is powered on.
- The Printer is in the PRINTER READY state.
- If the PAUSE light is on, press the CANCEL button, then the PAUSE button to clear.
- If the PAPER OUT ERROR condition is displayed, attempt to clear by turning the printer off/on. If it persists, try Manual Calibration.
- If the RIBBON OUT ERROR condition is displayed, make sure the ribbon lines up with the vertical mark and check for debris blocking the sensor (use canned air to clean).
- A PC is connected to the printer.
- ChronoPrint is installed and configured to connect to the printer.
- Open ChronoPrint.
- Click File > Settings, then click Printer Setup Form shown below should display. If printer IP address is properly setup, READY should display below IP Address.
- Select the desired Tag Type.
- Click Reset Printer, and then click OK on the message that appears.
- If going from any tag type to Single B-Tag, the lighted sensor must be adjusted to line up with the cut-out on the tag backing (see Single B-Tag Printer Setup). If going from Single B-Tag to another tag type, move the lighted sensor to approximately the middle of the tag.
- On the printer, press SETUP/EXIT two times, then press the + key until LOAD DEFAULTS is displayed.
- Press SETUP/EXIT once and default settings will be restored.
- Load tags onto the printer.
- Power on the printer, and check the printer console for error messages. If the error listed is ERROR CONDITION PAPER OUT, you must perform Manual Calibration.
- If there are no errors, from ChronoPrint, make sure the correct Tag Type is selected, and click Send Setup. The DATA light on the printer should flash and tags should advance. Click OK to any messages. There should also be a message that indicates if the RFID config is correct.
- If still no errors on printer console, click Save and Quit button and then go to Print Labels form.
- Print a SINGLE tag and verify no errors (two tags printed).
IMPORTANT: verify that each tag is encoded correctly by using the RFID block.
- If both tags print/encode correctly, setup should be correct.