If using Single B-Tags, lighted sensor should be aligned with cut-out in tag roll before doing this procedure.
- The printer should be powered on and in TEAR OFF Mode.
- If using Dual B-Tags or D-Tags, remove 8-10 tags (8 inches/ 20 cm) from the backing of the roll. See image below. Do not remove any tags if using Single B-Tags.
- Press SETUP/EXIT one time.
- Press the + key about 22 times until the MEDIA AND RIBBON setting is displayed.
- Press SELECT. CALIBRATE+ should display.
- Press the + key and printer should display LOAD BACKING.
- Open the printhead and lock it into the up position.
- If using Single B-Tags, back-feed tags completely and roll them back onto the roll (no tags or backing should be under the printhead).
- If using Dual B-Tags or D-Tags, back-feed the section of the tag roll that doesn't have any tags until only blank backing is above the sensor area. See image below.
- Press the + key and REMOVE RIBBON should display on the printer display.
- Push the ribbon as far to the right as possible without tearing the ribbon, then close the printhead. See image below.
The ribbon can also be cut and rewound onto the ribbon spool.
- Press the + key and CALIBRATING PLEASE WAIT should display on printer.
- When this completes, RELOAD ALL should display.
- Open the printhead and (if using Dual B tags or D Tags) pull the tags forward until a tag is directly over the light sensor (see image below).
If using Single B-Tags, make sure that the lighted sensor lines up with the cut-out in the tag roll.
Make sure the left edge of the backing is aligned with the point of the V on the silver plate (standard printing position).
- Move the ribbon back to the print position (align with the left vertical mark on the printhead). Close the printhead.
- Press the + key and tags should begin feeding from the printer.
- When the procedure finishes, the PAUSE light may be on, press the PAUSE button. No errors should be displayed. Press the FEED button to verify one tag is advanced.
- If more than one tag feeds or ERROR is displayed, the calibration procedure must be repeated.
- Press SETUP/EXIT two times to save the settings to permanent.